As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Job Summary:
The Staff Accountanthas responsibility for recording monthly activity for various assigned campusesin a timely and accurate manner; collaborating with the DAFS & AccountingSupervisor to maintain accurate financial statements; providing reports andinformation for external audit requirements; performing financial statementanalysis, and initiating and assisting with special projects. Incumbent mustassure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development,growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles;and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking andexpansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities ofthis position.
Key Job Elements:
- Perform monthly, quarterly, and yearly closings that conform to GAAP for assigned campuses, including recording all journal entries to the general ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reconcile accounts monthly, proposing corrections as needed. Work with DAFS to ensure that transactional activity is coded accurately and financial reporting integrity is maintained.
- Analyze campus financial statements monthly and develop variance explanations for distribution to management.
- Prepare campus financial audit schedules and resolve auditor questions.
- Initiate and assist with special projects, particular those involving advanced spreadsheet skills.
Routinely interacts with others inside and outside the function .
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- CPA or MBA preferred.
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience.
- Detailed and accurate.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Diligent at meeting deadlines.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions based on general guidelines.
- Computer competency in the following:
- Excel (advanced spreadsheet skills desired)
- MS Word
- Lawson (training provided)
- CARS (training provided)
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Pittsburgh, PA
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Accounting
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified