Kelly Scientific Resources is looking for an ambitious Quality Control Chemist in an innovative pharmaceutical environment named one of the Top 15 U.S –based Pharma Companies and among the top 50 globally in recent years. The QC Chemist would be the primary daily contact for operations with the Quality Control group. This position is responsible for routine analysis of samples in the Quality Control laboratory and for documenting all work to cGMP standards.
1. Perform quantitative analysis on routine samples according to established, written procedures. Examples of the types of experiments performed include HPLC, GC, and dissolution.
2. Calculate results from experiments and document all laboratory work in accordance with cGMP requirements.
3. Perform maintenance and calibration activities on laboratory equipment of moderate complexity.
4. Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
5. Daily responsibilities include routine testing and analysis using standard analytical instrumentation and pharmaceutical procedures.
ADDITIONAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
6. Perform quantitative analysis on non-routine samples according to established experimental designs.
7. Prepare reports summarizing results from non-routine sample analysis (SOP revisions following FDA compliance).
8. Review the work of Technicians and other Chemists.
9. Train Technicians and other Chemists in the proper performance of laboratory procedures.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required in Chemistry or related scientific discipline.
Experience: 3-6 years of experience in a GMP compliant laboratory is required for this QC role. Fast-paced Pharmaceutical Industry experience is required.
- Successful candidates should be thorough, detail-oriented, have the ability to multi-task and possess strong organizational and communication skills. Ability to operate HPLC instrument and its control software (Empower or TurboChrom). Ability to read and interpret USP monographs and general chapters.
- The position requires the ability to operate electronic equipment of moderate complexity such as UV/Vis spectrophotometer and dissolution tester.
- Also, we require knowledge of statistical concepts such as mean and standard deviation.
- Having the ability to read and interpret written instruction and data, and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer. Ability to learn sophisticated database programs is also essential.
- Having the ability to perform SOP and CAPAs deviations and modifications is a pus**-This position is a Monday-Friday 6AM to 3 PM shift.-
- The QC Chemist must have the ability to work well with others and be a team player. Each QC Chemist will be required to train, coach and coordinate with others throughout the plant.
- The QC Chemist must possess excellent communication skills to adequately communicate with departments within the plant. The communication ability also extends outside the plant to persons within the organization, vendors, and any other outside contacts.
**MUST HAVE ADAPTABLE AND POSSESS STRONG GMP EXPERIENCE, as well as ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTATION EXPERIENCE**
**Position starts as temporary, with the intent of becoming permanent**
Only qualified candidates will be contacted by Kelly Scientific Resources
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class
staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013.
Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
[Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. Download WorkWire™, a free career and employment resource iPad® app by Kelly Services.]
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Our science specialty places professionals to a broad spectrum of industries, including biotechnology, chemical, clinical research, consumer products, biotechnology, consumer products, environmental, food sciences, pharmaceutical, and petrochemical fields.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/science
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Kelly Services® is the world's most recognized provider of workforce solutions to the scientific community, placing skilled scientific professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time jobs from entry level technologists to Chief R & D Officers across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
- Biotechnology /Green Technology
- Chemical / Industrial
- Diagnostic / Medical Laboratory
- Environmental / Health and Safety / Quality / Audit
- Food / Beverage
- Clinical Research
- Healthcare / Hospital
- Medical Device
- Petrochemical / Energy
Kelly Services was established in 1946. In our early years, we provided office services, accounting, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. As the workplace changed, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, we have evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for more than half a million people around the world every year.
For more than 65 years, people have trusted Kelly® to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
Kelly® has jobs. A lot of jobs.
Kelly puts a new employee to work every 38 seconds. For people with the right skills and desire to succeed, partnering with Kelly is a smart way to explore new employment opportunities with the best companies in the world. Whether you're looking for a temporary or full-time career, our connections with the world's most respected companies—including 98 percent of the Fortune 100™ —enable us to get your résumé into the right hiring manager's hands. For decades, we've been successfully matching job seekers with the right positions. Taking charge of your career, having flexibility, doing meaningful work for brands that have meaning are all important considerations. So go ahead and use our connections. We'll get you the exposure you need. All at no cost to you!
Kelly offers flexibility and choice.
With Kelly you can choose when, where, and how you want to work. You have the flexibility to select your work schedule and choose among a variety of diverse and challenging employment opportunities.
Kelly offers you multiple work style options:
Our resources. Your advantage.
- Contract: These assignments—some short-term, many long-term (longer than six months)—offer you the opportunity to build your résumé while earning some great experience.
- Contract-to-hire: These assignments offer the opportunity to convert to a full-time job. They allow you and the employer to get to know each other through a trial period before full-time hiring is confirmed. It's a great foot-and-look-in-the-door opportunity.
- Direct placement: Kelly professional recruiters assist in finding career opportunities for immediate full-time placement.
At Kelly, we build relationships with our employees. Our specialized professional recruiters work closely with you to fully understand your career goals and help you find positions that match your needs. They have the expertise to help you balance both the personal and professional aspects of your career, matching your needs with employment opportunities that fit—whether you're looking for an entry-level position, a high-level consulting opportunity, a contract assignment, or a full-time job.
Kelly offers free training and more.
Our employees have access to the Kelly Learning Center, an online training campus with more than 3,000 career development courses. You can take advantage of this resource to improve your current skills, learn new skills, bolster your résumé, or broaden your career path. Kelly employees also become exclusive members of our online community that provides access to useful employee information and career tips to assist in landing more opportunities.
Kelly never charges our candidates a fee.
You get all of these advantages at no cost to you!
So the real question is: Why not Kelly?
We know incentives, compensation, and benefits are an important part of your career. As a Kelly contract employee, you'll have access to world-class perks and more, including:
- Group-rate medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available immediately upon hire—and the coverage is portable (available for purchase and administered through a designated third-party vendor)
- Convenient auto-pay options for insurance
- Weekly electronic pay
- Service bonus plan
- Access to the Kelly Learning Center, an online resource for 3,000+ career development courses
- Access to our exclusive online employee community that contains useful employee information as well as career tips to assist you in landing more opportunities that match your goals
- A Future Scientists Program, which places interns at chemical, pharmaceutical, and biotech companies across North America. We award scholarships each year as part of an essay contest program.
So join the Kelly team now and enjoy the perks you expect from a premier employer!
The jobs below are just a sampling of opportunities currently available through Kelly Services. Our opportunities grow every day as we stay in tune with our clients' ongoing talent needs. If you don't see a job that interests you, contact your local Kelly branch
to inquire about other positions. We work with 98 percent of the Fortune 100™ companies. When it comes to connections, we can put you in touch with the best employment opportunities at the best companies—close to home or around the world.
See all jobs at this company