MoneyGram is an international, high-performance company, located in approximately 200 countries and territories. We are committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
The Data Analyst will support the organizations commitment to operational excellence and efficiency through the use of reporting, analytics and process improvement. The Data Analyst will develop queries, key performance indicators, and call center metrics that will provide the business leaders insight. The Data Analyst II will be responsible for ensuring the business understands the effects of new product, process, or campaign launches in the environment. The incumbent will evaluate the data being produced to determine if formal business process improvement (BPI) projects need to be undertaken. The incumbent will also partner with the BPI team throughout the life of the project to ensure metrics and reporting is instilled in the process to drive long term benefits to the organization. The effectiveness of the position will be tied to partnering with business units to understand business direction and strategies; supports implementation of appropriate information systems to fulfill objectives.
- Develops and maintains queries, reports, and metrics using available mediums to provide customized information for users to make decisions affecting MoneyGram. Accepts a high level of responsibility for integrity of reports and data provided.
- Leads the creation of custom or standardized reporting decks for presentation of data to stakeholders. Presents reporting decks and integrated insights with confidence to the business and its stakeholders.
- Initiates and performs analysis of product/process/training/campaign launches in the environment. Relates findings and recommendations to the business owner(s).
- Supports the partnership between various teams. Brings process improvement ideas to the team for evaluation while supporting the Business Process Improvement teams in their data and reporting needs.
- Acts as subject matter expert on data elements and metrics within the reporting environment.
Required Skills / Experience
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in business analytics, cost analytics, process analysis, or similar position
- 2-3 years of report development
- 2-3 years data analysis experience
- 2+ years’ experience performing process improvement initiatives
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to establish strong partnerships with all levels of the organization while adjusting communications to the specified audience
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to synthesize situations for corresponding solutions
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in clear, succinct terms (written and verbal) for business and process decisions
- Demonstrates personal initiative and willingness to assume responsibility and ownership
- Skilled at working in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience integrating information from a variety of sources and formats
SQL a plus
Not ready to apply
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.