Do you have restaurant cook experience? Are you looking for a dynamic and growing organization that will both challenge and reward you? Join our team at Sun RV Resorts and embark on an exciting new opportunity! We are looking for a Restaurant Cook to prepare all food items in our resort restaurant. In this role, you will also be responsible for cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining the kitchen and surrounding area.
- Prepares food ordered by restaurant customers using a variety of kitchen equipment (grills, ovens, fryers, meat slicers, food processors, etc.).
- Performs shift opening and closing duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager such as starting equipment and cleaning of refrigeration units, grill and surrounding area, as well as other kitchen equipment.
- Maintains kitchen and cooking areas and ensures kitchen equipment and food storage areas are clean, sanitary, and organized as required by the Health Department Rules and Regulations. Reports any kitchen equipment or maintenance issues to the Restaurant Manager.
- Restocks products as needed throughout shift.
- Collaborates with Restaurant Manager to determine daily specials, new menu items, and innovative ways to cook and prepare food.
- Regularly checks menu cycle to ensure all food items are available in advance, notifying the Restaurant Manager of any shortages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous restaurant cook experience
- Must be able to pass the Safe Food Handler Certificate Program within 60 days from date of hire
- Demonstrated knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Good communication skills
- Professional appearance
- Basic computer proficiency, including the ability to use email and internet
About Sun RV Resorts
Build your career from the ground up (literally)! Sun gives you an opportunity to "get your hands dirty" in all aspects of property management and development. We are thriving because of our customer-focused culture and invite those with an enthusiastic attitude to unlock the door to unlimited opportunities when you join our team!
Don't get us wrong, it's not easy to land a gig here. You're going to have to learn the ins and outs of our business. Here's the good news: only the best and brightest work here! So, once you're in, this is a place where you'll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
Report this job
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.