Global Healthcare Logistics Sales Account Manager
UPS, Inc. | Chicago, IL | Posted 9/17/2014
The Multi-Channel Sales Manager generates new Global Logistics and Distribution (GL&D) revenue. He/She acts as an overlay sales consultant to support UPS account owners in qualifying opportunities, creating sales strategies, and drive new and additional revenues. He/she will prospect and develop new multi-channel distribution business opportunities, within the Healthcare segment. This position cultivates relationships with and trains UPS sales teams to identify, position, and develop bundled solutions (e.g., order-to-cash solutions to include supplier management warehousing, ocean and air transportation, distribution. He/She acts as a GL&D subject matter expert (SME), within the Healthcare segment specific to warehousing, distribution, transportation issues and opportunities. This position manages customer account contract negotiations and post-sales activities (e.g., changes in scope, customer service, implementation issues, etc.). The Multi-Channel Sales Manager reports to the Global Logistics Sales Team Manager or Global Logistics Director of Sales.
Prospects and Develops new GL&D Revenue
- Identifies healthcare sub segment target focus areas (e.g., Biotech/Specialty, Generic, and Medical Device Manufacturers).
- Identifies new product launch opportunities with biotech, generic pharma and medical device companies and works with manufacturer product managers to develop channel strategies for product launch.
- Develops tailored sales approach to key sub segment groups.
- Identifies key companies to prospect and identifies key personnel to contact to generate revenue.
- Establishes contact with existing and new customers to identify multi-channel distribution business opportunities that will be enabled by the UPS Order to Cash solution.
- Develops relationships with key company personnel to include Supply Chain, Trade Relations / Trade Markets, Product Managers, and leadership personnel at C- level.
- Qualifies deals to align with UPS strategic goals and ensure proper focus on business opportunities.
- Identifies and attends healthcare industry networking events and conferences to generate new business leads and opportunities.
Generates GL&D Revenue
- Evaluates UPS sales accounts (e.g., strategic, enterprise, district, etc.) to identify potential new GL&D customers.
- Qualified and quantifies sales opportunities using UPS internal resources (e.g., Solutions and Pricing Groups, etc.) to ensure potential accounts are viable based on UPS’s product and industry alignment and available resources.
- Formulates winning sales strategies from strategic sales information to achieve GL&D business goals and objectives.
- Manages GL&D sales activities through contract finalizations to drive the sales process and achieve success.
- Acts on referrals and leads from existing accounts to determine viability of potential accounts and alignment with UPS sales strategies.
- Drives revenue opportunities based on providing customers with an integrated healthcare solution to include order management, warehousing and distribution, transportation, and office services.
- Proactively engages with new GL&D prospects to drive revenue growth and product strategies.
Educates UPS Sales Teams on GL&D Products and Services
- Works with UPS’s overlay sales groups to define GL&D services and create organizational awareness through presentations and conference calls.
- Provide guidance and training on UPS’s distribution products and capabilities to sales groups (e.g., strategic, enterprise, district, etc.) to increase knowledge and ability to sell global logistics products and services.
- Communicates UPS’s multi-channel strategies and capabilities to sales groups to expand UPS’s reach into global, strategic, and mid tier accounts.
- Generates GL&D awareness among UPS sales groups to facilitate the promotion and selling of GL&D products and services.
- Acts as a GL&D SME to evaluate and solve customer issues, manage customer relationships, and protect customer revenue.
- Provides cross training for GL&D and UPS sales groups to offer and promote modified sales strategies that position UPS products and services competitively.
Establishes Account Team and Customer Relationships
- Arranges customer visits to UPS facilities to identify opportunities to win business.
- Interacts with sales groups and sales support teams (e.g., Solutions, Operations, etc.) to gather, share, evaluate, and act on sales leads.
- Applies knowledge of UPS market research and marketing strategy into positioning UPS for sales conversion and penetration opportunities.
- Analyzes existing UPS accounts to formulate GL&D sales strategies and pursue key account decision makers.
- Develops new relationships with key decision makers at prospective accounts to position UPS’s supply chain expertise and capabilities.
Manages GL&D Customer Proposals and Presentations
- Collects essential data elements to complete sales documents (e.g., logistics services questionnaires, target account strategies, etc.), develop sales opportunities, and obtain Sales management approval.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Solutions contracts group to create customer agreement presentations and reviews.
- Interfaces with customers and UPS sales groups to manage requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs) and to ensure documents are completed and delivered within established deadlines.
- Present customer agreements and reviews business terms and conditions to ensure understanding and to set expectations.
- Provides GL&D subject matter expertise to sales groups to penetrate major customers and resolve GL&D-related issues.
- Provides GL&D subject matter expertise to prospects and existing customers regarding UPS multi-channel strategies and capabilities.
Oversees GL&D Customer Account Negotiations and Implementation
- Presents business agreements to key decision makers to review business terms and conditions, verify customer understanding, and confirm customer expectations.
- Negotiates customer contracts to position contractual language, negotiates issues and gaps, and sign new contracts.
- Schedules business requirement validation meetings to formulate implementation changes and to address external issues.
- Oversees implementation handoffs to the Operations group to ensure work continuity and to maintain internal UPS and customer relationships.
- Maintains consultative relationship with customer to position and to capture additional distribution, transportation, and office services business opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
- Healthcare Industry
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Good Distribution Practices
- Good Manufacturing Practices
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.