Lead the review, preparation, and submittal of customer quotations/proposals (quantity, product, price, delivery/lead times, WESCO terms and conditions) to secure sales and provide customer service. Leads a team of Quotations employees towards business and departmental goals. Leads a team of Project Managers towards business and departmental goals.
• Leads quotations department, all Project Quotation and Project Management activities by setting goals for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results and works with sales generation to identify potential projects for bid
• Manages and develops the Quotations staff, clearly defining each employee’s primary and secondary responsibilities, managing performance and how each relates to others within the group
• Reads and interprets specifications and communicates with suppliers to discuss material specifications, clarify and confirm bill of materials, negotiate pricing and identify alternatives for special or custom orders
• Develop and maintain cooperative relationships consistent with good commercial policies with regard to selected suppliers and coordinates pricing negotiations with suppliers.
• Coordinates receipt of all required information for the preparation of final quotation submittal.
• Coordinates transmittals of plans, drawings and other documents to customers.
• Communicates with customers to resolve problems with projects during the bidding process.
• Communicates and follows up with Account Reps/Executives and Inside Sales Reps to ensure quotes and resulting orders are complete.
• Posts projects being bid by customers. Maintains catalogs and price lists.
• Monitors and oversees transition to project management and sales execution teams after acceptance of quotation
• Communicates with customers to verify and provide information on project status and/or changes.
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years large capital lighting and gear project quotations
• Minimum of 5 - 7 years of professional experience in Electrical Wholesale Distribution.
• Minimum of 3 - 5 years departmental management experience, leading and managing staff and programsEDUCATION:
• Bachelors’ Degree in business or relatedSKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
• Broad knowledge of product line and pricing.
• Ability to deal with customers and factory representatives to obtain pricing information and their cooperation.
• Strong communication and organization skills.
• Strong computer and mathematical skills, especially Excel and Access
• Ability to research market and inventory positions to support sales staff in maximizing margins
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and deadlines
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.