Associate Product Manager
The Associate Product Manager serves as the Associate Product Owner and is the one member of the agile team who serves as the client proxy. The Associate Product Owner leads the development effort by conveying the vision to the team, outlining work in the scrum backlog, and prioritizing it based on business value. The Associate Product Manager is responsible for ensuring all stakeholders (to make sure their interests are included in the release) and the team (to make sure the release is developed by the deadline and within budget). As such, the Associate Product Owner must be available to the team to answer questions and deliver direction.
The Associate Product Owner is responsible for determining which activities will produce the most business value and must aggressively determine which features of a product are most important, when they are developed and proper market delivery timeframes. The Associate Product Owner is responsible for delivering the proper product to the customer.
- Collects and analyzes data on customer preferences and needs to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand. Conducts market research that will assist in driving feature prioritization.
- Spends time in new markets researching the business processes required of new product initiatives and in current markets, assessing functional enhancement prioritization. Lead role in defining customer facing business processes and product feature sets.
- Works closely with Business Managers, Technical Business Analysts, and Project Managers to ensure client requirements are delivered to market. Measures and assesses client satisfaction with new product/project introductions.
- Forms, organizes and participates in dealer focus groups as directed. Lead role in client user acceptance testing.
- Performs the role of Associate Product Owner on product assignments. Owns vision and product backlog prioritization, establishes story acceptance criteria and accepts stories into the baseline. Provides the team with definition, clarification and acceptance of features. Has the primary responsibility to build, prune and maintain the backlog. Involved with story definition, providing clarification as necessary to assist the team with their story estimates, sprint loading, story sequencing, and drafting the team's specific objectives for the upcoming sprint. The Associate Product Owner is responsible for providing the vision, roadmap and accepting stories into the baseline.
- Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data (such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires), or arrange to obtain existing data. Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Other special project and duties as assigned
- Bachelors In Business, Sales or Marketing
- 3-5 yrs experience in business management, market research, or consulting environment
- Expert knowledge of all products and services associated with the state programs.
- Must have excellent critical thinking skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Sound inductive reasoning required-- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Agile Certified Scrum Product Owner and/or at least 1 year of experience in an agile environment.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment where information must be readily digested and decisions made expeditiously.
- Travel <20%
Dealertrack is a dynamic, innovative technology company that revolutionized the automotive retail industry with the first online finance and credit application network in 2001. Our state-of-the-art, web-based solutions are embraced by all major segments of the automotive retailing trade including dealers, financing sources, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), third-party retailers, agents and aftermarket providers, fueling our tremendous growth.
Not Ready to Apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Company: Dealertrack Technologies
4 Year Degree