DE Underwriters - 3 Weeks Paid Vacation
Are you a FHA/DE Underwriter that is interested in being a part of an entrepreneurial and dynamic organization that is re-setting the bar for an entire industry?
Carrington Mortgage Services, a subsidiary of Carrington Mortgage Holdings, is a fully integrated mortgage company with mortgage lending and servicing operations and an affiliated real estate brokerage. We service several billion in mortgages and are licensed to arrange financing in a majority of states in the U.S.
We are actively recruiting an experienced DE Underwriter who will add value to our team of mortgage professionals. You are the highest-level underwriter designation within the underwriting team. This includes ensuring that loan requests meet program and product specifications or counteroffer to a different product and/or program when appropriate. In addition, you will communicate decision (approval, suspense, denial) to appropriate individuals.
Underwrites residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards.
Examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Works with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents.
Works with more senior underwriters on loan exceptions.
Have authority to withdraw and decline loans.
May be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional and government-backed, etc.)
May be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional and government-backed
Duties and Responsibilities:
• CHUMS NUMBER
• Perform a thorough analysis to ensure the quality of each loan and to determine compliance with Company and Investor guidelines
• Apply and interpret company underwriting guidelines and make sound credit decision
• Complete credit, income analysis of loan, ensure proper audits are completed and verify consistency of loan file information
• Review and evaluate credit information on mortgage loan documents to determine acceptability for specific loan programs
• Determine any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements
• Review any conditions, stipulations or pre-funding requirements received
• Communicate with Account Executives, Operations Manager, and Production Manager as required to resolve outstanding issues
• Assist departmental support staff when necessary
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC - Mortgage Servicing Division (CMS-MSD) is a fully-integrated mortgage company with a “high-touch” special servicing platform. Its primary objectives are to enable families to maintain homeownership while maximizing the value of the underlying assets for its investors. CMS-MSD has special expertise in servicing distressed residential real estate assets, and is licensed to service such assets in all United States jurisdictions. It has a seasoned management team with a drill-down and results-oriented philosophy.
To Apply Online:http://carrington.hodesiq.com/apply_online_1.asp?jobid=4286893
Founded in 2007, Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC ("Carrington", "CMS") is a subsidiary of Carrington Holding Company, LLC ("CHC"), a privately managed investment management company. Headquartered in California, CMS operates two loan servicing locations that together provide integrated full life cycle mortgage loan servicing support to borrowers and investors. Our mission is to deliver exceptional customer care to our borrowers and our investors. We create value for our borrowers and investors by preserving home ownership through programs that support our borrowers and their ability to stay in their homes.
Not ready to apply?