Corporate Staff Accountant I
- Assisting with Fixed Asset Accounting
- Managing the Capital Expenditure Request approval process and maintaining the Capital Expenditure Request log.
- Coordinating with multiple cost centers to finalize construction in process and preparing journal entries to post to the fixed asset ledger
- Ensure that disposals of fixed assets and deletions are properly accounted for and reconciled to sub-ledger
- Develop efficiencies in the close cycle
- Ensure Sarbanes Oxley compliance and policies are adhered to
- Preparation of monthly fluctuation analysis on changes in capital expenditures
- Participate in monthly capital forecasting by preparing, distributing and coordinating forecast templates across multiple locations
- Perform and document account reconciliations and analyses; prepare journal entries and various reports for other corporate maintained accounts.
- Assist in fielding and resolving inquiries from management and external auditors
- Participate in other special ad-hoc duties and projects required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Advanced certifications and/or degrees a plus: CPA, MBA, etc
- 1-2 years of professional experience
- Experience with corporate accounting and/or public accounting is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to pay attentional to detail
- Willingness to take on and assist with new and varied projects as they arise
- Ability to multi task and stay organized
- Ability to work well as a team as well as independently
- Microsoft Office skills – Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Today, Masonite embraces the spirit of our founder, William H. Mason. His ideas and inventions were the building blocks of numerous revolutionary building materials.
In 1924, William H. Mason, a researcher, engineer and inventor, made a revolutionary discovery. He changed the way wood was used to form more effective building materials. This paved the way for a succession of new building products for the home.
Over eighty years later, we still embrace that innovative spirit. We are constantly looking for new processes, technologies, materials and designs – always with an eye on producing doors that are stylish, functional and durable. Doors that are guaranteed to make your home more beautiful.
Our continued leadership, our innovative spirit and our superior products have earned us a reputation unsurpassed in the industry. Of that, we are extremely proud.