This position works under the direction of the Assistant Corporate Controller with the lead responsibility for preparation and filing of quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements. Additional key responsibilities include preparing and filing the press release along with reviewing and evaluating new accounting pronouncements.
• Lead responsibility for preparation and filing of quarterly and annual SEC reporting requirements. Prepare schedules, assemble accounting data, and draft language required to complete SEC reports and filings as necessary.
• Review new accounting pronouncements and evaluate how they will affect the company. Review proposed commercial scenarios and unique business transactions such as acquisitions to ensure that GAAP is applied appropriately.
• Communication with internal auditors, regulatory auditors, and external auditors.
• Review equity and debt transactions and perform required calculations.
• Assist with acquisitions and other projects.
EXPERIENCE:Five years of SEC Reporting experience required.International Business experience preferred.Big 4 Accounting experience working with SEC registrants required. EDUCATION:Bachelors’ Degree iin Accounting or related required.CPA license required. SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:Excellent understanding of accounting and US GAAP.XBRL Tagging and Document Management knowledge.Strong skills in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.Ability to work under tight time schedules and handle multiple tasks.Strong communication and presentation skills.Ability to research emerging technical accounting issues.
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.