Under general supervision from the Dentist, the Assistant supports dental auxiliary operations by assisting the Dentist, administering company policies and regulatory compliance programs, providing training and limited supervision to auxiliary employees and maintaining the dental supply inventory.
- Sterilizes and disinfects instruments and equipment.
- Prepares treatment rooms, instruments and tray setups for dental procedures.
- Greets and prepares patients for treatment.
- Exposes and mounts dental diagnostic x-rays.
- Assists the dentist during examinations and treatment procedures.
- Conducts work in compliance with office policies and procedures, safety, OSHA and MSDS guidelines.
- Records medical and dental histories and vital signs of patient.
- Makes preliminary impressions.
- Pours, trims, and polishes study casts, fabricates custom impression trays from preliminary impressions, cleans and polishes removable appliances, and fabricates temporary restorations.
- Provides postoperative instructions prescribed by Dentist.
- Records treatment information in patient records.
- Responsible for conducting monthly Dental Assistant meetings and daily huddles.
- Actively participates in the achievement of patient satisfaction and office production goals by working efficiently and providing a high level of patient service.
- Assists with other duties as needed
- Minimum four years experience as a Dental Assistant
- Endodontic assisting experience
- CPR Certification
- X Ray License
- Coronal Polish License
- Case presentation and Computer Skills Required
- Experience using MS Office
- Strong customer service ethic
- Good communication skills
- Willing to travel between several offices
A comprehensive benefits package is offered, which includes: Medical, Vision, Life Insurance and 401K.
Castle Dental Associates of Texas, P.C. is a Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Smile Brands
With over 300 affiliated offices in 17 states, Smile Brands Inc. is a dynamic, growing company and the largest provider of dental support services in the United States. We provide business support services, non-clinical personnel, facilities and equipment to our affiliated dental groups. Through 3 unique and strong brands, Bright Now Dental!, Monarch Dental and Castle Dental, affiliated dental staff and employees are able to deliver general, specialty and cosmetic care to more than a quarter of a million patients each year.
Our approach offers significant advantages to both dentists and patients. Come join the team and share in the success!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
|Company: Smile Brands Inc.|
|Location: Austin, TX
|Base Pay: N/A|
|Employee Type: Full-Time|
|Industry: Healthcare - Health Services|
|Manages Others: Not Specified|
|Job Type: Health Care|