RN Unit Manager
Job is located in Fresno, CA.
RELOCATE TO FRESNO, CA
Community Regional Medical Center
RN Unit Manager
RN Unit Mangers — are you ready to earn top pay as a RN Unit Manager for an employer who is focused on making healthcare accessible? Community Regional Medical Center, central San Joaquin Valley’s largest healthcare provider and employer, is looking for RN Unit Manager to join our team focused on the California Cancer Center. We are a locally-owned nonprofit dedicated to delivering healthcare, making it more accessible and prudently using our human and fiscal resources to improve the Valley’s well being.
At California Cancer Center, we believe patients and their families are an important part of the care team. Fighting cancer is a journey that affects not just the body; it also challenges the mind and tests the spirit. As a patient at California Cancer Center, the journey through cancer treatment is one you’ll never endure alone. Our care team and nurse navigators will be with you and your loved ones every step of the way, providing advanced medical care in a compassionate and supportive environment. We listen to your opinions and beliefs about your health care and incorporate them into your treatment plan whenever possible. This approach virtually eliminates unwanted or unnecessary services, streamlining the treatment process and often resulting in more efficient-and ultimately more successful-cancer care.
By joining our team of dedicated nursing professionals, you will receive:
• Relocation BONUS!
• Competitive Pay
• Excellent benefits
The RN Unit Manager is accountable for the direction, supervision and evaluation of patient care performed by nursing personnel within their assigned service setting in accordance with established goals. Responsible for unit operation, scheduling, position control, staffing and coordination of the quality improvement process. Applies advanced, broad-based knowledge of nursing practice and theory as well as advanced knowledge of techniques of supervision, management, and leadership as applied to specific nursing responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities of the RN Unit Manager include:
• Coordinate and facilitate service area activities and overall functioning of unit.
• Utilize aggregate data for operational decision making to improve efficiencies in delivery of care.
• Assist Director with the budget process through resource identification and service area needs.
• Coordinate the HR processes for all employees: coordinate the hiring and interviewing process; confirm Time and Attendance is completed; coordinate the performance evaluation process with the Clinical Coordinators and ensure consistent evaluations within scheduled time frames; coordinate all disciplinary processes in service area and advise the Director of all final written warnings and terminations.
• Assist and encourage staff participation in problem identification, formulation of plans, and initiation and evaluation of improvement measures. Support the implementation of changes related to the current health care environment.
Additional requirements of the RN Unit Manager include:
• Graduate from an accredited program for professional nursing education; BSN, preferred
• Minimum 3 - 5 years of recent and relevant RN experience in healthcare setting
• Oncology experience is preferred
• California RN state license
• BLS certification
Our three acute care hospitals and other facilities provide a world of opportunities for professional growth and personal advancement. One of our top priorities is helping employees and their families stay healthy and financially secure. We’ve bucked national trends by continually offering more health benefits without dramatically increasing the costs to employees.
As a Registered Nurse on our dedicated team, you will enjoy a benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• Life, Workers Compensation, and Professional Liability
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday, Sick)
• Retirement Savings Program with Company match funds
• Tuition Reimbursement
Caring For Our Workforce!
Community Regional Medical Center is truly unrivaled in the region and measures up with top hospitals nationally. Located on a 58-acre campus in downtown Fresno, Community Regional is an academic-affiliated medical center with more than 600 beds. Its 56,000-square-foot emergency department is one of the largest and busiest in California, and it is home to the region's only comprehensive burn and Level 1 trauma centers.
Since completing a 340,000-square-foot, six-story trauma and critical care building in 2007, Community Regional has added a 52-bed Neuroscience Center of Excellence dedicated to brain and spine patients, a 50-bed cardiovascular unit with state-of-the-art monitoring equipment and private rooms, and a 84-bed Level III neonatal intensive care unit for the most fragile newborns.
Report this job