Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Coordinate numbers, times, and amounts with appropriate Sous Chefs.
- Secure all equipment needed for production.
- Inventory amounts of prepared food from previous day and assure proper utilization.
- Preparation of salads and desserts for food outlets.
- Prepare foods for gaming (i.e., sliced meats, vegetables, salads, etc.). Make sure they are stocked for the next shift.
- Prepare foods for events (i.e. cheese, vegetable, and fruit trays).
- Clean and sanitize station. Make sure sanitation is complete for upcoming shift.
- Clean and organize dry storage and cold food storage areas.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- Must follow all departmental prep lists.
- Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for assigned function.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good oral communication skills and ability to understand and follow direction.College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.