Outside Solar Sales Consultant
SolarCity’s Sales Consultants have the opportunity to educate homeowners to the benefit of alternative energy and save them money. Using state of the art software you will demonstrate the potential layout, function and benefits of solar energy based on their needs.
We take a consultative approach to educate customers on the growing solar/clean energy industry. Our Sales Consultants spend much of their time visiting with prospective customers at their homes. They are the primary external representatives of SolarCity. This position requires drive, self-motivation, the desire to help customers, confidence (without arrogance), and a high degree of professionalism to represent a product that is truly changing the world.
• Participate in full life cycle sales and lead generation
• Work with on-line tools to develop solar system designs as a visual example for home owners
• Conduct analysis of customer’s current and projected electrical usage and financial ROI
• Generate project proposals and quotes for customers
• Close contracts at client homes
• Log all communications with customers in Salesforce CRM contact database
• Impact your earning potential and control your own paycheck (no commission caps)
• 2+ years of a successful track record of sales experience
• Experience self-generating customer leads, exceptional follow up skills
• A track record of achievement as evidenced by sales awards, beating quota, building a new book of business, growing a market, etc.
• Must be highly proficient with computer skills - we move fast!
• Microsoft Office and Basic Excel a must
• CRM experience a plus (Salesforce preferred)
• Desire to stay on the leading edge of a growing, disruptive industry
• Motivated by career advancement, high income potential, and making a difference
• High integrity, able to put customers at ease
• Must be flexible working weekend and evening hours
• Four year college degree highly preferred, but not required
• Over-achiever, track record of winning at whatever you put your mind to
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
• Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screen
Benefits for Full-Time Positions:
• Competitive compensation with many positions incentivized
• Paid training with the nation’s leader in solar power
• Full benefits package including health, vision, dental insurance
• Attractive vacation, sick and holiday pay
• 401(k) savings plan
• Employee referral program
• Eligibility to receive equity in the company
• Career path opportunities for top performers
SolarCity is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Sales - Marketing
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
||4 Year Degree
||At least 2 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Not ready to apply? Join our
SolarCity is the leading solar company across the nation, serving thousands of people in 14 states. Our satisfied customers include individual home owners, to large corporations and governments.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.