Job Number: 420719Payroll Specialist
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Process all weekly union and non-union payrolls. Process all semi-monthly payrolls, bonus payrolls, and payroll in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for all data entry associated with the processing of payroll and the maintenance of the payroll/general ledger interface.
- Process and perform the associated calculations for all wage garnishments, direct deposits, sales commissions, relocations, severance payments, vacations, sick time, and disability payments.
- Accurately reflect various items, such as exercised stock options, for tax purposes.
- Generate a variety of weekly, semi- monthly and monthly reports for benefit processing, i.e., FSA's and HSA's.
- Generate a variety of weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly reports and prepares reconciliations for Accounting/Finance.
- Ensure all payroll activities and processes are in compliance with all associated Federal and State laws and regulations as well as any Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or Company policies.
- Follow all established internal control processes in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Handle employee inquiries regarding payroll and provides payroll expertise to assist other locations.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the payroll system throughout all locations; initiates system set-up implementations and changes when necessary.
- Participate in providing information for various compliance audits.
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- CPP certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience and knowledge in payroll taxation laws; expatriate payroll experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience administering the payroll function, ADP/PC Payroll for Windows experience preferred.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Windows, Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with all levels of customers both internally and externally.
With over 20 years of experience in the Chicago metro market, Advanced Resources knows talent, with temporary, temp-to-hire, direct hire and executive search staffing services for Office Support, Accounting/Finance, and Healthcare positions. We not only place talent, we help our clients maximize talent through our proven Workforce Business Solutions.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Other Great Industries