As a Company comprising expert educators and highly motivated business people, Education Management Corporation (EDMC) offers a diverse range of employment opportunities for qualified individuals. Staff at the Company’s headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania are employed in corporate-level capacities of finance and accounting, audit, student financial aid, human resources, legal, advertising and marketing, education, general management, admissions, real estate, procurement, and information systems. EDMC schools are located in many major cities in the United States and employ individuals in positions that directly facilitate the education of our students and the services that support those students. We always put students first and we’re proud of the commitment we share to their success. For more than 40 years, Education Management Corporation schools have provided the career-focused education that has helped our students enjoy a higher degree of both professional and personal success. That commitment to the success of our students is the common thread that joins our schools, along with our focus on fostering well-rounded graduates who care about the world around them and make real contributions to their communities. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Education Management Corporation is one of the area’s largest and fastest-growing employers—and is among the largest providers of private post-secondary education in North America in terms of student enrollment and revenue. We’re a growing company based on strong principles and a successful history. But perhaps more importantly, we’re a company that’s poised for a successful future as a national leader in for-profit education
Serves as a liaison between the functional business unit he/she represents and other organizations within EDMC, in order to provide solutions to business needs. Possesses knowledge of the processes and procedures utilized in the business unit, as well as a general understanding of solution capabilities. Analyzes procedures, processes and general operations in order to understand their strengths and weaknesses and to determine opportunities for improvement. Plans, Elicits, Analyzes, Organizes, Validates, Manages and Communicates solution requirements. Works independently and coordinates project activities. May mentor Business Analysts on larger, more complex projects. Leads system testing activities. Leads training and transition of Application Administration or Configuration to System Analysts as needed.
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- Project Size: Medium to Large
- Project Complexity: Medium to High
Key Job Elements:
- EDMC Policies and Procedures. Understands and follows all EDMC Software Development and Business Unit specific policies, processes and procedures.
- Requirements Planning & Stakeholder Assessment. Plans the approach to requirements management. Identifies business processes impacted, key stakeholders and end users.
- Requirements Elicitation & Analysis. Schedule requirements gathering meetings and interviews, collects information required for the solution from the key stakeholders. Confirms goals, processes and capabilities.
- Requirements Specification. Organize, analyze, detail and document solution requirements.
- Requirements Validation. Verify requirements are complete, correct and approved by the stakeholders.
- Requirements Management & Communication. Track solution requirements throughout the development and delivery lifecycle.
- Project Coordination. May coordinate across functional teams to gather and analyze requirements, follow up on status of activities.
- Solution Validation & Transition. Leads system testing activities. Leads training and transition of Application Administration or Configuration to System Analysts as needed.
- Customer Focus. Demonstrates strong customer focus by learning what the customers' needs and wants are and consistently exceeding the customer's expectations.
VP of Compliance and Support
Helps lead the team of CFA Business Analysts
Routinely interacts with others inside and outside the functional business unit, including EDMC Senior Leadership (Director or VP), customers and vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration
- Minimum 4 years experience in Business Analysis, with an in-depth knowledge of all areas of practice and with leading a team
- IIBA’s CCBA – Certification of Competency in Business Analysis designation or IIBA’s CBAP – Certified Business Analysis Professional designation is preferred.
- Clearly conveys ideas and concepts
- Demonstrates active listening skills
- Adjusts communications to the audience
- Creates two-way communication with others
- Allows others to finish speaking prior to responding
- Uses appropriate non-verbal communication skills
- Through words and actions, encourages honesty
- Speaks candidly about tough issues
- Is forthright
- Maintains confidentiality
- Keeps commitments
- Customer Focus
- Makes customer and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions
- Actively seeks to understand customers' circumstances, problems, expectations and needs
- Creates and/or implements customer-focused processes and procedures
- Strives to anticipate the needs of the customer
- Visits with customers and ask them relevant questions
- Managing Self
- Responds openly and warmly to others and can build rapport easily
- Remains objective and seeks value in feedback for improvement; avoids hostility
- Maintains a professional, business-like image
- Balances emotions; remains calm when needed; demonstrates passion and commitment
- Speaks confidently with a self-assured tone
- Results Orientation
- Aligns resources to achieve or exceed goals against a standard of excellence
- Holds self accountable for meeting commitments and achieving results
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- Develops milestones and tracks progress toward goals
- Is able to overcome barriers to achieve objectives
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Works cooperatively with others to achieve common goals
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships
- Seeks feedback from others; is open to and takes action on feedback
- Shares credit for good ideas or accomplishments with peers
- Effectively addresses conflict
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving - Must be effective at understanding how the people, processes and technology within an organization interact in relationships and patterns to create a system as a whole.
- Ability to intuitively assess the best course of action to take in a given situation and understand how and when to apply guidelines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced agile environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
- Company:Education Management Corporation
- Contact:Not Available
- Location:Chandler, AZ 85248
- Base Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Education - Teaching - Administration
- Manages Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Management
- Req'd Education:4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience:Not Specified