Mortgage Loan Officer (External) - Greater Sacramento Area
Golden 1, California’s leading credit union, is seeking an External Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) for the greater Sacramento area. This is a remote position.
The External Mortgage Loan Officer will proactively solicit new residential mortgage loans in order to meet established loan quality and production goals. He or she will develop and maintain a strong network of business relationships to ensure a recurring source for mortgage loan referrals. This network could include mortgage professionals, builders, other professional and personal contacts, and any other referral sources the MLO develops. The External MLO will enhance this network by regularly participating in business-related development opportunities, community events, and interacting with professional organizations. The successful candidate will also be expected to handle branch- or call center-generated referrals only when the member requests an in-person meeting. The MLO is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of Golden 1’s lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
Salary is DOE.
- A high school diploma and equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five continuous years in a mortgage-related position, with at least two years of experience generating self-sourced business
- MLO Registration: An individual in this position has been determined to be a Mortgage Loan Originator as defined by the S.A.F.E Act, because his or her responsibilities include taking applications, discussing terms, and/or negotiating rates on loans secured by real property
- A valid California driver's license and a clear driving record
- A bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional member service skills
- Strong credit and general financial analysis skills
- Current working knowledge of the mortgage industry
- Excellent ability to collect and report information on market conditions, including products and services offered by other organizations
- A thorough understanding of the secondary market, including governmental programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of office equipment and intermediate skills with various computer programs, including Microsoft Excel
The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.