Solidworks Sheet Metal Designer
- Creation and modification of 3D models using Solidworks for sheet metal components
- This would include potential conceptualization of new designs, modifications of existing layouts, and conversion of existing 2-D drawings to 3-D drawings
- This position will be 75% design and 25% hands on involvement with product prototyping and manufacturing (validating the process)
- Will be involved in design of sheet metal products from concept to completion including initial 3D modeling, hands-on prototyping, and design validation throughout machining/ manufacturing process.
- This position will also include working cross-departmentally with manufacturing and production personnel, as well as quality and procurement departments to ensure designs are meeting client specifications.
- Formalized Technical Training (BSME or Related Degree or Associates in CAD/ Vocational School/ Solidworks Training would all work)
- 3+ years of experience in mechanical design
- Proficient in sheet metal design using - SOLIDWORKS (will not consider other software)
- Hands-on manufacturing experience with entire manufacturing process for sheet metal products
- Must be flexible to different potential responsibilities; they're business is growing rapidly right now, and they need someone who is a "self-starter" who will jump in wherever they are needed.
Experience with roll-forming, metal stamping or tooling or metal fabrication is HIGHLY preferred.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 regulated environment
- Experience with Engineering Documentation System (Solidworks PDM would be ideal, but would also look at other software)
- Solidworks Certification
Join Aerotek, one of the leading providers of engineering and engineering support professionals in North America. Due to our growth, we''re constantly on the lookout for qualified professionals to place in contract, contract-to-hire, and permanent placement positions across a number of different industries. We know it''s more than just your day-to-day responsibilities that can make or break a job. It''s the support you get. That''s the reason Aerotek offers a variety of benefits including medical, dental, optical, 401k, and many more. Don''t put your career in the hands of just anyone, put it in the hands of a specialist. Join the Aerotek team! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.