Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company.
Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries.
The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers.
Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position will be responsible for ensuring benefit and retirement plan compliance with regulatory agencies. Will research and recommend resolution to benefits and retirement-related issues to ensure plan compliance. Must have the ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, have excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and time management skills with the competence to meet critical deadlines with minimal guidance. Must have the ability to work successfully in a team environment with emphasis on customer service, the ability to communicate complex concepts effectively and have knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting employee Health and Welfare benefit plans (ERISA, HIPAA, COBRA, ACA, etc.).
- Collect, develop and reviews Summary Benefit Descriptions, Plan documents, Summary of Benefits and coverage, etc. to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Prepares Health Care Reform analytics needed to ensure implementation of plan operational strategies that comply with PPACA.
• Review client and statistical data to provide client recommendations for employer/employee contributions for all H&W plans.
• Stay current on H&W regulations and determine proper internal and external education, communication, training, and other client service needs related to changes in regulatory environment.
• Assist in developing internal and external compliance resources and training
• Research employee benefits issues pertaining to plan and regulatory compliance including COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and other federal and state insurance laws
• Responsible for accurate and timely completion of defined contribution and defined benefit plan compliance testing, the analyses of test results, and recommendation of solutions
• Review plan adoptions, plan consolidations, asset transfers, plan freezes, and other complex and atypical transactions to evaluate impacts to the plan and ensure compliance with related laws and regulations.
• Review plan and transaction documentation for adequacy and revise appropriately.
• Serve as the technical resource to Benefit Operations and COE regarding pension plan provisions, proposed or adopted regulatory requirements, and compliance requirements.
• Responsible for handling inquiries where precedent is not clear.
• Facilitate the completion of required filings and communications.
• Conduct audits of operations to ensure plan is being administered according to plan documents and applicable rules and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of related compliance experience with Health and Welfare, defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• In-depth knowledge of Department of Labor (“DOL”), Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”), and Employee Retirement Income Security Act (“ERISA”) requirements and their appropriate application to pension plans.
• Strong demonstrated written and verbal communications skills.
• Strong demonstrated research and analytical skills.
• Preference for professional certifications (QKA/QPA, ERPA, CEBS).
Advanced understanding of both defined benefit and defined contribution designs.
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.