We always knew there had to be a better way to buy used cars. One that would make the process easy and fun. So we created CarMax, and we've been changing the way America buys cars since we opened our first store in Richmond, Virginia, in 1993.
Through hard work and dedication, we've grown from that one store in Richmond to more than 100 stores across the country. We’ve sold more than 4 million cars. We've appraised more than 16 million. And the news is buzzing with stories about CarMax, the experience we offer our customers, and the work environment we provide for our Associates.
While supervising Service Consultants and Service Consultants-in-training, the Service Manager’s responsibilities include achieving all the CarMax Retail Service goals. Specifically, as Service Manager, maintain or exceed monthly Retail labor goals, maintain or exceed outstanding customer service as measured by the CSI survey, and ensure proper administration of related paperwork.
Principle Duties And Responsibilities:
- Ensure that Service Consultants meets and greets all customers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Continually observe and mentor the Service Consultants to enforce good habits, and to ensure “Exceptional Customer Service” at all times.
- Track Sales penetration and CSI scores on a daily basis. Create an environment of friendly competition so that all Service Consultants will compete to be the best
- Handle all customer concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner. Be proactive and anticipate potential customer issues before they seek assistance from senior management.
- Process and track all CarMax “Care” claims
- Ensure that drive aisle and write-up area is kept organized, clean of trash, and vehicles are cleared at all times throughout the day
- Be available to assist and mentor Service Consultants during peak delivery time, greeting customers and ensuring that all aspects of a proper deliver are completed - explanation, answer questions, and complete a CSI survey.
- Work one-on-one with individual Service Consultants to assist with CSI and/or sales opportunities
- Ensure that Service Consultant position properly staffed at all times
- Participate and endorse all CarMax Training initiatives.
- Ensure the successful career development of the members of your Team through adherence to the CarMax File reviews, Performance Management and the Merit Review Process.
- Review monthly Labor Operations Usage and capacity planning
Work requires ability to:
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
- Perform associate development tasks, including mentoring and performance management.
- Successfully work with and through both managers and associates of other departments within the Store.
- Required to perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment
- Speak clearly and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Complete CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
- Combination of both office and outdoor environment; May include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- May require walking or standing for an extended time.
- Flexible work shifts that may include nights, weekends, holidays and 12+ hour days