Overnight Hotel Valet Parking Attendant (11pm to 7am) - Downtown Dallas and North Dallas Areas
The Guest Service Associate is responsible for providing exceptional hospitality services to guests in an attentive, friendly and efficient manner. The Guest Service Associate is responsible for parking and retrieving guest vehicles in a prompt yet safe manner and assisting guests with luggage, including delivery and pick up of guest luggage (where applicable) during arrival and departure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all guests, co-workers, and clients
• Acknowledges and greets guests within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor
• Uses guest last names during interactions
• Uses salutation of the day and welcomes guests to the location
• Practices proper Towne Park phone etiquette
• Posts up in designated areas when not completing tasks
• Runs at top speed to park and retrieve vehicles and drives slowly and cautiously
• Assists guests with bell services and luggage storage as needed
• Opens all vehicle and hotel doors for guests
• Assists guests with directions, taxis, reservations and other inquiries
• Provides guests with information about outlets, meeting rooms and/or amenities of the facility as well as main attractions in the area
• Delivers messages, items and/or guest amenities as requested
• Shuttles guests to appropriate places that are approved by the location
• Explains parking rates and retrieval procedures to guests upon arrival
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to read and write standard English language
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
• Ability to write simple correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
• Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
• Ability to understand 24 hour and military time systems
• Ability to understand rates applicable to time passed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
• Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
• Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
• Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform parallel parking; manual transmission driving skills preferred
• Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and clean driving record
• For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
• Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Towne Park
• If providing shuttle services, may be subject to additional requirements
Towne Park began its history of hospitality service in 1987 with one hotel in Annapolis, Maryland. After two decades of proven service and industry-leading solutions, more than 400 properties across the nation entrust Towne Park with their most valuable assets-their guests and patients.
Since founder and CEO Jerry South officially incorporated Towne Park in 1988, its service-minded associates and results-driven processes have consistently met industry challenges and changes. With strategic acquisitions, the company has grown, adding new markets and service sectors. In 2005, Towne Park acquired MediPark Valet, extending its presence in Texas. In 2008, Towne Park acquired Mile Hi Valet Service, making the company the national leader of hospitality staffing and parking solutions. In 2009, Towne Park acquired Avascend Healthcare Hospitality, launching its enterprise into the healthcare sector. Most recently in 2011, Towne Park acquired Quality Parking Service of Los Angeles, CA expanding our California presence.