Sr. Database Administrator
Position located in Bethel, AK
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Position Summary: Under general direction, administers, manages, designs, documents, and evaluates a variety of database management systems; performs complex technical, analytical and professional services involving program/member services, evaluation, database-driven Web sites, systems administration support, and problem resolution; performs related duties as assigned.
The Database Administrator classification is distinguished from other job classification by the extensive knowledge, experience and complex technical skills required. Further differences include the supervision of database and transaction log backups, and the maintenance and monitoring of database server performance and security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*(Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks that may be found in positions within this classification.)
- Information Systems and Database Management
- UNIX systems administration
- Administers a database systems including Oracle databases and other Database Management Systems
(DBMS) including MS SQL;
- Develops and enforces database administration and user standards and procedures;
- audits, modifies, and amends data in systems using SQL commands, hand-editing, and bulk import;
- Assists with the scheduling of database projects, database and transaction log backups, notifications, and
- Evaluates database server integrity and security;
- Technical lead for Oracle Database Server, Microsoft SQL Server and related online database projects
including PeopleSoft, Kronos, and others;
- Assists Information System Analysts in the development and creation of SQL and Web-based databases
and database systems;
- Reviews technical designs, reports, documentation, and other materials produced by staff;
- Mentors other Systems staff in database administration functions, SQL reporting and career
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation administers a comprehensive health care delivery system for 58 rural communities in southwest Alaska. The system includes community clinics, subregional clinics, a regional hospital, dental services, mental health services, substance abuse counseling and treatment, health promotion and disease prevention programs, and environmental health services.
YKHC is a Tribal Organization. Each of the 58 communities in its service area is a federally recognized Tribe. Each Tribe’s governing council has authorized YKHC to act in its behalf in negotiating with the Federal Indian Health Service to provide health care services under Title III of the Indian Self-Determination and Education Assistance Act of 1975.
YKHC, along with 12 other Tribal Organizations, is a co-signer to the Alaska Tribal Health Compact, a consortium which negotiates annual funding agreements with the IHS for federal money designated for health care services to Alaska Natives and Native Americans throughout the state.