| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Systems Performance Engineer
|Job Reference Number
This team is responsible for the cellular site performance with emphasis on voice, EVDO and LTE/4g for the Central/Southern OH area. This individual will be responsible for evaluating performance of new cell site turn-ups, optimization and KPI reporting to ensure company performance meets targeted expectations
- Uses real-time tools to pul in data, analyze and bring back into the process to analyze performance
- Optimizes the network using traditional means
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service
- Works on customer complaints and trouble tickets by examining/interpreting performance metrics (i.e dropped calls, throughput rates) and data to determine what issues are most impactful
- Typically addresses 6-12 issues per day—several times per week must conduct drive testing/field visits to resolve customer complaints and improve areas of troubleshooting
- Configures systems and adds new equipment to network
- Turns on new cell sites, making sure site is properly integrated into network and optimized for peak performance
- Interfaces with all levels of management
- Collaborates with other Network groups, (e.g., real estate, RF design, system performance, construction, etc.)
- Typically manages multiple projects at a time
- Uses traditional means of finding and resolving system issues
- Utilizes multiple tools to optimize system performance
Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 2 years of telecom experience with a system Performance role
Working knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/
- Demonstrate knowledge in design and optimization techniques for LTE/CDMA/EVDO networks.
- Thorough background in RF theory, Antenna theory, and working knowledge of wireless voice and data test equipment including: Data-Pro/QXDM, pilot scanners, spectrum analyzers, GPS, post-processing tools such as Actix, Windcatcher and GIS tools such as MapInfo.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access - Ability to demonstrate good analytical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform the job functions with general guidance, and understand the job, department's, and company’s expectations and goals
- Demonstrate decision making skills via appropriate use of available information and data; making sound decisions with minimal support from management; and being responsible for specific projects or definable portions of larger projects or processes
- Demonstrate leadership skills, commitment to excellence, following company values and policies with integrity, initiating action accepting responsibility for results, maintaining good interpersonal relationships with team members, and making quality decisions
- Demonstrate innovative ability by trying alternate solutions to resolve issues, and adjusting to a dynamic, changing business environment - Demonstrate organizational and planning skills by developing and completing concise project plans, and completing projects in a methodical fashion
- Demonstrate good communication skills by communicating, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner; listening attentively; applying appropriate grammar; and integrating large volumes of information from multiple sources
- Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work as needed
Overnight travel may be required. Driver's License required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Report this job
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.