Company: CHRISTUS Health.
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Research
Required Education: 2 Year Degree
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Oversee day-to-day department operations of sleep lab. Supervise staff and give technical direction, delegate staff responsibilities. Manage the selection, training and development of staff. Monitor budget and utilize operational resources, participate in program development. Assure services are in compliance with professional standards, state and federal regulatory requirements. Hire, review, and terminate non-management employees. Plan, direct and coordinate daily activities of a department/group/team.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
- Plans, organizes and directs the work of the unit to ensure its efficient and effective operation.
- Supervises personnel needs of the department with responsibility for training and evaluation.
- Manage the selection, training and development of Staff.
- Conducts orientation, education, certification, job descriptions, and coaching/counseling of department staff. Schedules and assigns staff for department; responsible for training additional ancillary staff as needed.
- Assists as polysomnographic technician as needed.
- Assures consistent, documented quality improvement initiatives.
- Summarizes final results for review and interpretation by Medical Director. Answers inquiries from Medical personnel concerning polysomnographic policies
- Maintains effective program systems to assure adherence to prescribed operating standards and procedures, the performance of first-line maintenance of equipment, and the preparation and maintenance of required records.
- Analyzes department needs and recommends operational procedures and budget expenditures to provide and maintain a high quality of service; consults with Medical personnel in the formulation, modification and implementation of policies and procedures and practices; develops and evaluates work techniques in an effort to provide optimal output of department.
- Develops capital budget and assists with financial budget for department.
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities is a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served. Demonstrates adherence to the CORE Values of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Successful completion of an accredited educational program leading to an associate degree with an emphasis in polysomnography AND
- Certification by the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists as a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management preferred
- Minimum of five years experience as an RPSGT
- Two years experience as a manager or clinical instructor
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to Sleep Medicine including Joint Commission Standards
- At least two years experience using digital data acquisition systems for EEG/Sleep.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered as a Polysomnographic Technologist Required
- Registered Respiratory Therapist Preferred
- Current BLS
Requisition Number: 30011424
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.