Sr. WordPress PHP Developer - realtor.com®
Realtor.com is looking for a passionate Sr. WordPress/PHP Developer who will help create innovative CMS experiences designed to enhance and engage our various customer audiences. This is not your typical WordPress role... You need to be a Swiss Army knife equally passionate in a great user experience, web design, development, and administration of the sites. You will be part of a special team that focuses on engaging with our consumers and customers both internal and external, whether it's keeping them updated with the latest real estate news, advice or providing internal customers with the tools they need to succeed!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excite your audience. Create and enhance engaging WordPress Consumer sites
- Uptime is good we like that. Specifically 99.999% uptime. Help keep us there
- Help recommend and implement SEO optimizations to keep us high in search engine results
- You will be the go to person (gatekeeper) for production support
- Constantly question the status quo with regards to refactoring legacy code, paying down code debt, regression test strategies, and improving and/or automating manual steps or activities.
- Train an existing team of experienced Web developers in WordPress development
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 2+ years recent experience creating WordPress sites from scratch, developing themes, and plug-ins
- 5+ years software development experience using web frameworks such as CakePHP or CodeIgniter
- Unit testing/Integration/Cross browser testing is the norm for you using automated techniques such as TDD/BDD and libraries such as PHPUnit, Codeception, Behat, & Jasmine/Karma Test Runner
- You have a great design sense...beautiful and engaging experiences come natural to you
- Ideally have experienced a WordPress related 'disaster/meltdown' in your past and learned from it
Personal characteristics include:
- Your motto is 'there is a plug-in for that'...or 'let's build a plug-in for that'
- SEO is very important to you...and it shows in well-crafted and semantically constructed HTML 5 markup
- You are very passionate about your work and it shows in the form of projects that you have contributed on GitHub or side projects on your own time
- Passion for test automation...manual testing & verification is boring to you
- Leadership...your passion and your work rubs off on your colleagues
- Working directly with people outside of your team including UX, Product/Project management, and customers excites you
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?