Company: CHRISTUS Health.
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Admin - Clerical
Required Education: High School
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs duties of a clerical and non-nursing nature on the nursing units. Activities include serving as a receptionist for the unit, transcribing orders and requesting items for patient care, and assisting with maintaining patient, unit, and hospital records.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Graduation from an approved unit clerk program preferred.
1. Previous experience as a unit secretary is preferred.
1. Must have knowledge and comprehension of clerical duties, some knowledge of medical terminology, and floor management routines.
2. Must have knowledge and ability to operate unit computer equipment.
3. Must have interpersonal and social skills and the ability to remain calm and tactful in stressful situations.
4. Must have good eye hand coordination for using the computer.
5. Must be able to respond efficiently to meet the needs of customer groups.
6. Must be able to give consistent work performance with attention to detail.
7. Must be extremely accurate in recording patient information.
8. Legible handwriting is required.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requisition Number: 30010068
1. Works in a modern, well equipped, temperature controlled environment.
2. Must be able to adapt to rapidly changing workloads, frequent interruptions and stress.
3. May be required to walk, stand, and carry.
4. Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.