Exempt/Non Exempt: Exempt
Work Schedule: M-F 8-5
The IS Network Security Engineer will implement and provide ongoing hands-on support for the bank's Network Security strategy. Utilize a variety of computing architectures (e.g., client/server, intranet, Web). Possess strong working knowledge of data and network security technologies, as well as at least five years of experience installing, monitoring and maintaining network security solutions. Have excellent organizational, multitasking and communication skills. Collaborate with bank customers, staff, IT colleagues, and vendors to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options. We’re looking for a self-starter with highly technical skills in the field.
• *Minimum 5 years of experience working in an Information Security role of increasing responsibility.
• *Minimum 5 years of experience installing, monitoring and maintaining network security solutions.
• *Minimum 3 years of experience working with large, complex networks and systems.
• Strong working knowledge of data and network security technologies, including in depth knowledge and understanding of Intrusion Prevention Systems, Firewalls, and associated best practices for securing Internet facing databases as well as communication between the Internet, multiple DMZ’s, and the internal wire is preferred.
• Experience implementing and using leading data and network security solutions to detect and prevent cyber fraud in the company’s network and in web facing systems and environments is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of leading SIEM technologies and strategies a plus.
• In depth understanding and usage of network and application security testing and vulnerability assessment technologies is a plus.
• Understanding of Database security a plus.
• Programming/scripting experience a plus.
• Hands-on experience administering, securing and working with Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft IIS a plus.
• Ideal candidate will have an intimate understanding of technology and be motivated to constantly learn new technologies.
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
• Excellent time management skills and be accustomed to working within prescribed deadlines.
• Security related certifications (such as SANS GIAC, GSEC, CISSP, CISM, CEH, etc.) are a plus.
*Represents basic qualifications for the position. To be considered for this position you must at least meet the basic qualifications.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Note: Candidates should be advised that City National Bank does not pay interviewee travel expenses or relocation expenses for candidates who are hired unless previously agreed.
City National Bank
|| Not Specified
||Banking - Financial Services
Los Angeles, CA
Not Ready to Apply?
THE CITY NATIONAL DIFFERENCE
Be part of a team that takes pride in a strong service culture.
At City National, our team of colleagues delivers specialized and highly personal services to entrepreneurs, professionals, their businesses and their families. Relationships are more important than statistics. Results are more important than swagger. Hard work and dedication are rewarded. Learn More
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online: Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information,
or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.