There is no business like show business! And nobody know this better than AMC Entertainment Inc. (AMC). With a rich history of industry leadership and innovation dating back to 1920, we are one of the world's largest theatrical exhibition companies, serving more than 230 million moviegoers worldwide each year. At AMC we look for friendly, outgoing associates who enjoy the spotlight, like to have fun and prefer a professional environment. We value our associates as the backbone of our business and take great pride in being the kind of world-class company where people want to work! Plus being in the entertainment industry we offer great perks:
* Free movies
* Flex schedules
* Fun times
* Advancement opportunities
Since moviegoing is the most popular form of out-of-home entertainment - more than 12 times the amount of attendance at baseball, basketball and football games combined - working at AMC is the place to be. Plus, with approximately 300 locations in the U.S. there's sure to be an AMC theatre near you!
So whether you are looking for your first job or ready for an exciting career path in the entertainment industry, come join our team! Apply online now and set the stage for a rewarding career in entertainment!
PURPOSE Deliver superior service while connecting with our guests and supporting efforts to achieve AMC’s financial goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS All associates may be considered for cross-training; some may be assigned duties in one or more areas at management’s discretion.
General responsibilities for all positions include, but are not limited to:
• Exhibit excellent guest service skills.
• Present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
• Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
• Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
• Demonstrate consistent and effective sales techniques.
• Meet sales expectations through loyalty card sales, suggestive selling, upselling, merchandising, and sampling.
• Complete transactions by greeting each guest, identifying the guest’s request, operating point-of-sale terminals, making change accurately, completing loyalty transactions, and thanking guests.
• Ensure the security of all cash, receipts and tickets.
• Enforce the movie ratings system courteously and effectively. Uphold “zero tolerance' policy in regards to ID checking.
• Distribute, ensure proper working order of, and understand how to operate Assisted Moviegoing Equipment.
• Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including auditoriums, restrooms, lobbies, concession areas, and box office areas.
• Control access to the theatre.
• Frequently monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, temperature, lighting levels, audience behavior, and film piracy.
• Perform daily stocking and maintenance duties.
• Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment, as well as the safety of our guests.
• Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
• Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts to ensure timely performance of duties.
• Uphold AMC’s Business Practices Standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
• Assist with other Film Crew functions and perform other duties as directed.
• Expanded lists of essential functions for the Concessionist, Cashier and Usher positions are available upon request from theatre management.
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
• Ability to work with minimal supervision A list containing the Tools Used, Machine and Equipment Operation, and Environment are available upon request from theatre management.
- Provided by Theatre: Black t-shirt, nametag
- Provided by Associate: Black pants, black shoes, black socks, black belt