Assistant Interior Designer | Design | MGM Resorts International Design
It is the primary responsibility of the Assistant Interior Designer to support the Interior Designers in providing design production efforts and maintaining the quality of the interior design projects produced by the MRI-Design studio. This individual must have the capability to handle multiple project functions at various stages of completion, while working collaboratively with other interior design team members.Administrative
- Obtain product and material pricing for FF&E Estimated Budgets and assist with quantity take-offs for preliminary budgeting purposes.
- Coordinate and communicate sample requests and follow-up with vendors.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating ID concept presentation content, including material/finish boards, color renderings, imagery and concept visuals and related graphics materials.
- Assist in the production of all project ID documents (i.e., material boards, FF&E specifications, drawings for design intent, and specification binders) for presentation and construction documentation as needed.
- Assist with creating interior design (quantity and room type) matrixes that coordinate with ID drawings, schedules and FFE specifications.
- Assist in preparation and input of FF&E specifications, to be reviewed by Senior ID or Interior Designer prior to issue.
- Upload FF&E specification content on Buzzsaw for formal issue.
- Coordinate the production and assembly of FF&E specification binders for distribution.
- Maintain and update FF&E specification binders through project close-out.
- Research and propose alternate design products to project team when item cannot be produced within project timeframe or exceeds approved budget.
- Participate in field visits, interior finish and FFE punch lists related to interior design scope as required.
- Input the content of meeting minutes, field visit reports and punch lists related to interior design project scope.
- Maintain and archive project interior design records.
- Evaluate design resources, review products, manufacturers and vendors for potential use in design projects.
- Participate in preliminary field surveys for project interior design scope verification.
- Assist in the development of interior design concepts and material and finish palettes for projects as part of the design team.
- Assist with making FF& E selections that meet project program, budget and timeline.
- Assist with developing interior detail sketches for hard flooring patterns, carpet patterns, window treatments, interior elements and other custom interior finishes.
- Issue ID team responses to contractors RFIs that are related to the project interior design intent.
- Review and coordinate designer-specified product and FF&E sample submittals within the allotted turnaround time.
- Review and coordinate design comments for FF&E shop drawings within the allotted turnaround time.
- Provide design reselections and CFA/submittal reviews for interior design requisitions, under supervision of the Directors of Design Development and Design Management.
- All duties are to be performed under the guidance of the Directors and in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
- Bachelor Degree from a 4 or 5 year accredited Interior Design or Interior Architecture program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor..
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Actively working towards NCIDQ and ID registrations.
- Daily working knowledge of AutoCAD. Basic knowledge of Photoshop.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting.
MGM Resorts International™ knows its people are its most valuable asset. We are the world's premier entertainment and gaming employer. Our resorts offer wonderful places to work and, for those just starting out, we have programs targeted toward helping you launch your career.
Not ready to Apply?