4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Esurance, a member of the Allstate family, offers car insurance directly
to consumers online or over the phone. Founded in 1999, we've grown from
a handful of employees in a tiny office to 15 offices nationwide — and
we’re still growing.
We owe our success to an innovative, pioneering approach to car insurance
that blends customer service excellence with all the advantages technology
has to offer. With 24/7 customer service, an award-winning website, dedicated
claims reps, and a cool mobile app, our goal is to make car insurance smarter
and easier from quote to claim.
And of course, we wouldn't be anywhere without our dynamic, diligent,
and uber-smart associates. If that's you, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits, and a diverse, inclusive workplace where
you’ll be honored for your individual contributions.
At Esurance, we believe a career isn’t just something you do 40 hours
a week for a paycheck. Nor is it just a job you hold until something better
A career should inspire, drive, challenge, and reward. It should offer
a competitive salary as well as a warm, welcoming work environment and
numerous opportunities for growth. At Esurance, a rewarding career awaits
each and every one of our associates.
To support our associates in their endeavors, we provide ongoing training,
access to Esurance University, and tuition reimbursement. But we don't
stop there. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package and flexible
work schedule options to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term
financial goals, and balance the demands of work and life.
Esurance believes in bettering the communities in which we live and work.
From charitable grants to raising consciousness for a variety of causes
to helping plant trees across the nation, we're committed to doing our
part to make the world a better place.
At Esurance, "diversity and inclusion" is more than a concept, more than
a political statement, or a soapbox. It's part of who we are, part of where
we've come from, and most important, it's part of what we do.
It goes without saying that we're committed to providing an environment
where each individual is respected and supported regardless of creed, gender,
sexual orientation, or color. From our internal promotions based on individual
achievement to our everyday interactions at the office, we embrace and
celebrate the individuals who make up our growing team.
As an innovator in our field, it's no surprise that we've won a few awards
over the years. Check out our professional accolades and see what makes
Esurance named to 2012 InformationWeek 500
Esurance has again made the InformationWeek 500 — an annual listing of
the nation’s most innovative users of business technology — earning the
honor for its continued use of virtualization and cloud computing to make
buying and managing car insurance easier.
Manage the overall profitability and growth of the automobile program for several states/regional assignments. Adapts and maintains the standard product design to conform with the state(s) requirements and market conditions, defines eligibility and underwriting rules, performs appropriate ratemaking calculations to set adequate rates, and collaborates in the establishment of a retention strategy. Has broad responsibility in managing the insurance product life cycles across a multi-state market by assessing and responding to regulatory changes, developing competitive products through competitor and industry benchmarking, serving as product expert in supporting business development and marketing initiatives, and reporting on state and book of business trends to remain abreast of emerging market opportunities.
- Works with the marketing and executive teams to develop state(s) profit and growth strategies including product positioning and marketing approach.
- Develops and recommends rate and trend selections to meet profitability goals. Coordinates the rate revision schedule with the systems integration team and field organizations (Customer Service and Agent Partners).
- Independently evaluates the performance of the book of business and identifies opportunities for improved pricing, segmentation, underwriting, and risk classification, giving due consideration to loss results, conversion, retention and competitive position in the marketplace.
- Assists in the development of a strong Product Management team with a complement of Product, Regulatory and Actuarial talent. In addition, leverages resources within the company and the Product Management department to optimizing productivity and expertise.
- Makes data-based strategic decisions based upon knowledge of the market, which includes competitors, regulatory and legal environments, claims handling trends, and distribution channel/agent relationships.
- Works with the compliance unit to respond to the department of insurance for rate filings and market conduct exams and serves as a consultant on consumer complaints and other interactions.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state regulators through regulatory meetings (i.e. IRES, and SERA), daily phone contacts, insurance department visits and participation in industry group meetings.
- Manages all product changes, including but not limited to: initial analytical research, development of recommendations to the Executive Pricing Committee, development of the business requirements, oversight of the testing process, and evaluation of the implemented changes.
In addition to career advancement opportunities and a fun work culture, Esurance offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision care and supplemental life insurance benefits for you and your family, a competitive compensation package along with a Performance Bonus, company matching 401(k) plan, and immediate tuition reimbursement from the start of your employment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the personal lines insurance industry, product pricing and features, competitor activities, and general market conditions including alternative markets within each environment required.
- Consistently demonstrated qualities of diplomacy, problem solving and decisiveness.
- Excellent leadership, coaching, project management and mentoring skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with Senior Management, articulate financial results and impact of tactics/strategy, and develop the business case to receive Senior Management approval for recommended product and pricing revisions.
- Line of business expert with ability to develop underwriting, production, and pricing strategies.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication, and proven analytical problem solving skills.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, and familiarity with advanced database tools (SQL, SAS, R or similar tools).
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, a related field or equivalent education required.
- MBA and/or Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS/FCAS) designation preferred.
- 5 or more years of pricing and/or product management experience in the insurance industry required; experience in personal auto insurance preferred.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.