Account Specialist - Outside Sales
The Account Specialist is responsible for promoting and selling specialized WESCO products and services, such as electrical distribution products, Electrical MRO, lighting, Safety, drives, automation and controls. The territory consists of the Montgomery - Auburn, Alabama market.Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Develop, recommend and implement a yearly sales plan including strategies to support the plan.
• Identify and solicit potential customers.
• Promote sales to existing customers and identify profit margins.
• Assess customer needs and resources and recommend products.
• Develop reports and quotations as part of sales presentations to illustrate the benefits of WESCO products and service.
• Consult with customers after sale to resolve product problems and provide ongoing support.
• Introduce customers to Sales associates to further the team approach to customer service.
• Research and identify new suppliers.
• Work with suppliers and WESCO Sales team to negotiate pricing
• Prepare designs and recommend product requirements to customers.
• Respond to customer inquiries, giving out information and resolving problems.
• Provide credit applications to customers.
• Prepare quotations.
• Review a variety of WESCO reports to identify problems and take actions to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff. Performs other duties as required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Outside sales experience in industry. Track record of success in business to business sales. Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to convincingly persuade others as evidenced in personal interviews and via telephone. Ability to clearly and effectively set goals Computer literacy (i.e., Excel, Word, email, Internet)EXPERIENCEMinimum of 2 years of inside or outside sales in electrical wholesaling
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.