Hospital Concierge - Denver
The Concierge is responsible for providing services for hospital employees, patients, guests and visitors of the hospital in a prompt, professional and friendly manner. The Concierge provides personal assistance to its customers including errand services, offering directions and information, scheduling appointments, purchases and other personal errands.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Systems and Standards
- Maintains pleasant, friendly and professional demeanor with all hospital employees, patients, guests and visitors of the hospital
- Acknowledges and greets all customers within five feet with a professional and friendly demeanor
- Uses customers last names during interactions
- Answers phones using proper telephone etiquette
- Provides customers with general information about the hospital, services and area
- Arranges transportation services; dining reservations; food orders, pick up and delivery; golf tee times; flower orders and deliveries; spa/salon appointments; travel; veterinary appointments; dry cleaning drop off and pick up; etc.
- Provides miscellaneous personal errands such as banking services, gift shopping, automobile emission testing, car washes, copy center runs, car care services (drop off), DMV renewals and registrations, drop off cars as directed, grocery shopping and delivery, etc.
- Gift wrapping
- Provides mailing and shipping services and tasks
- Researches customers requested information
- Provides notary services
- Places orders for office supplies for various hospital departments
- Places orders for miscellaneous items such as online books, supplies, concert tickets, attractions, etc.
- Assists customers in event planning tasks
- Provides house sitting services for customers
- Escorts customers to hospital destinations via walking or pushing wheelchair
Safety and Risk Management
- Completes all tasks in a timely manner as instructed by the Account Manager
- Follows all appearance standards as set forth by Towne Park and the Client
- Follows all attendance standards as set forth by Towne Park, as required by the scheduling which may vary according to the needs of the location
- Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the Towne Park Associate Handbook and other policies and procedures
- Maintains a clean, neat work environment including all surrounding areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Follows site specific safety and security procedures
- Practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by Towne Park
- Consistently completes and maintains all service requests and financial matters and collection
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed on shift to Account Manager immediately
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner
- Reports all potential hazards and safety concerns to Account Manager
- Ability to read and write standard English language
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients and other employees of the organization
- Ability to add and subtract three digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s; ability to perform these operations using units of American money
- Ability to operate a variety of vehicles including customers vehicles
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); OR one to three months related experience and/or training; OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- For insurance purposes, must be at least 18 years of age and be able to pass a criminal background and drug screen
- Must be able to drive manual transmission and perform parallel parking
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license and clean driving record
- Must complete the Wheelchair Safety Training course provided by Towne Park
- Must have personal vehicle that can be used to complete customer’s errands
- The associate is regularly required to run; stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 75 pounds occasionally. Must be able to push and pull 75 pounds frequently and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to push and pull (on wheelchair) 100 to 350 pounds frequently over considerable distances
- Working flexible schedules and extended hours are sometimes required.
Towne Park began its history of hospitality service in 1987 with one hotel in Annapolis, Maryland. After two decades of proven service and industry-leading solutions, more than 400 properties across the nation entrust Towne Park with their most valuable assets-their guests and patients.
Since founder and CEO Jerry South officially incorporated Towne Park in 1988, its service-minded associates and results-driven processes have consistently met industry challenges and changes. With strategic acquisitions, the company has grown, adding new markets and service sectors. In 2005, Towne Park acquired MediPark Valet, extending its presence in Texas. In 2008, Towne Park acquired Mile Hi Valet Service, making the company the national leader of hospitality staffing and parking solutions. In 2009, Towne Park acquired Avascend Healthcare Hospitality, launching its enterprise into the healthcare sector. Most recently in 2011, Towne Park acquired Quality Parking Service of Los Angeles, CA expanding our California presence.
Not Ready to Apply?
Other Great Industries
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.