The Credit Manager utilizes current and historical financial data to project future revenues and expenditures for an assigned business unit. The position also performs financial analyses to support management decision making, assists with a wide variety of financial functions, and manages financial tasks such as credit decisions, maintaining customer and supplier files, and researching financial questions.
• Develop strategic and operational plans to achieve results and ensure alignment with company goals and objectives.
• Set goals for the work group, manage execution and measure results.
• Select, manage, evaluate and develop staff. Challenge employees; build effective teams; develop organizational capacity; and provide staff with coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities.
• Document projected revenues and expenditures and submit to management.
• Interpret budgets for management.
• Manage, conduct and document financial analysis projects.
• Analyze investment opportunities, rates of return, capital expenditures, depreciation, proposals, etc.
• Analyze current and historical operations, trends, costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments and obligations.
• Provide assistance with financial functions such as planning, budgeting, consolidation, assessments, cost control, project control, taxes and audits. Assist with preparation of special studies, analyses, and recommendations.
• Manage financial tasks such as customer credit approval, maintenance of customer and supplier files, researching and resolving questions from suppliers, customers, corporate, etc.
• Conduct and/or lead audits.
• May act as consultant to management on financial policies, procedures, and applications. Performs other duties as required
Knowledge of GAAP, financial statements, internal controls and SOX requirements Strong overall business skills and common sense approach to issues Strong teamwork and collaboration skills Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex analytical data for a non-technical audience Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization Organized and results driven Service-orientedEXPERIENCE Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting or financial analysis in a mid-size, multi-state/site company Commercial construction industry experience a plusEDUCATIONBachelor's Degree required
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.