Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The successful candidate will join the Customer Satisfaction & Quality (CS&Q) team within Schneider Electric’s global IT organization (IPO) as a project management quality specialist. One of the primary missions of this team is to elevate project execution capabilities within IPO as a means to optimize “Build Quality” on IT projects. In this role the candidate will be the focal point for project performance measurement, assessment and continuous improvement of project management practices in coordination with IPO’s federation of operational Project Management Offices. Responsibilities:
• Lead the global project performance and quality metrics reporting process. This includes leading metrics collection efforts, validating results and preparing executive level reports.
• Lead the global project stakeholder satisfaction survey process jointly with the operational PMO’s. Consolidate and prepare executive level summary reports based on survey results.
• Perform root cause analysis on variances detected through the metrics and surveys. Surface continuous improvement opportunities in project management processes or competencies.
• Lead or contribute to scheduled project health assessments and audits. Surface risks, process or project management competency weaknesses and deliver actionable recommendations to improve project performance and project management practices.
• Facilitate the consolidation and reporting of project lessons learned. Identify global trends and process improvement opportunities
• Provide governance oversight on the use of IPO’s central project execution platform: Planview. Includes maintaining a high level of proficiency on the tool, identifying data inconsistencies that require PMO attention, and facilitating application change control.
• Serve as a global owner of Planview project execution performance reporting. Includes maintaining the global report catalog and managing requests for change or development of new reports as requested from the operational PMO’s.
• Participate in prioritized global process improvement initiatives jointly with the operational PMO’s
• Become proficient in and contribute to the evolution of IPO’s project management standards and rules.
• Stay current on latest trends in program and project management best practices with the goal of being alert for risks and improvement opportunities detected through project assessments.
This is a global position, with preference for candidates based in Europe. Candidates located within this region are preferred, although we will consider strong candidates outside of this region. Candidate will work from their home location. Relocation is not a requirement. Travel Requirements:
20-30% depending on number and type of project audit assessment engagements and work location of the candidate.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management Institute standards. A current PMI certification is desirable but not required.
• Quality management experience
• Auditing experience
• Operational project management or PMO experience
• Strong analytical skills, detail oriented, inquisitive
• Strong communication skills including the building and presenting senior management level presentations
• Capability to break down high level work objectives into tasks, work autonomously and navigate the organization using established network of contacts
• IT experience is highly desirable but not required
• Good meeting facilitation skills
• English language proficiency is required. Multi-language skills are desirable.
• Experience working in a cross cultural environment
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it’s like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.