Visionworks (formerly Eye Care Centers of America, Inc.) is a leading provider of eye care services with more than 590 optical retail stores in 40 states and the District of Columbia through 5 store names that are leaders in eye care service in each of their respective markets. Visionworks is committed to providing our customers with an excellent shopping experience and high quality products and service with the best value and selection in the industry. All of our stores offer designer and exclusive brand frames, lenses, sunglasses and accessories along with leading technology in vision correction. Our comprehensive service offerings include contact lens dispensing, in-store labs which provide one-hour service on many prescriptions at nearly all locations and doctors of optometry at or next to every store. Visionworks is a wholly owned subsidiary of HVHC, Inc.
- Supports and maintains packaged software implementations, preferably with experience implementing supply chain management software (Manhattan Associate Experience is a plus).
- Experience developing and support complex enterprise-level systems with multiple interface points to multiple primary and ancillary system.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people and manage customer expectations.
- Writes computer operations procedures.
- Make alterations to test models of existing systems.
- Prepares flowcharts, diagrams, program controls system manual controls and documentation as required to describe program flow and communication.
- Prepares complete program specifications and reviews other developers’ specifications. Provides guidance to other developers and management based upon specifications.
- Works with end-users to define new system modification requirements.
- Trains users in proper program operation and provides technical assistance.
- Assist other developers as necessary.
• Hands on experience with the Manhattan Associates Distributed Order Management (DOM) and Warehouse Management Systems (WM)
• 5+ years of experience in Unix-based OS (AIX a plus)
• 5+ years of experience writing SQL statements (DB2), as well as stored procedures
• 5+ years of experience in Java / J2EE / EJB, Java Server Pages, Servlets, JMS and JDBC
• 3 years of experience in .NET, specifically Visual Basic and ASP as plus
• 5-8 years of experience with packaged software implementations, preferably with experience implementing supply chain management software (Manhattan Associate Experience is a plus)
• Experience developing and support complex enterprise-level systems with multiple interface points to multiple primary and ancillary system.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people and manage customer expectations
• Self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Advanced knowledge of supply chain solutions and warehouse processes
• Perform and document system configuration activities
• Lead testing efforts including writing test conditions, developing test schedules, and leading testing efforts
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Logistics or related field.
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures.
HVHC Inc. is a privately-held, for-profit holding company for a portfolio of vision companies which includes, among other companies, Davis Vision, Inc., and Visionworks of America, Inc. Together the vertically integrated company is the third largest provider of managed vision care products and services, and the third largest operators of specialty optical retail stores in the United States. It is also the second largest designer and distributor of eyewear in the United States and seventh largest global distributor of eyewear.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability