UPS, Inc. | Louisville, KY | Posted 9/23/2014
UPS operates one of the world's largest airlines serving over 220 countries and territories worldwide. UPS delivers 15.8 million packages and documents daily. The company's extensive air network includes international air hubs in Cologne/Bonn, Germany; Hamilton, Ontario in Canada; and in the Asia Pacific region Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Hong Kong; Within the U.S. Miami, FL serving Latin America and the largest air hub UPS Worldport in Louisville, Kentucky, also the headquarters for UPS Airlines. Crew domiciles include Louisville; Ontario, CA; Miami, FL; and Anchorage AK.
In addition to its airline operations, UPS is also a pioneer in developing aviation technologies to enhance the safety and efficiency of the aviation industry. Key services include logistics and distribution; transportation and freight; international trade management and customs brokerage.
Our flight crews are responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of our aircraft.
If you are interested in being a part of the talented UPS workforce as a Flight Officer and “Synchronizing the World of Commerce”, please review the basic qualifications and answer the following questions, which is the first step to be considered for the position.
All applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Hold a current unrestricted ATP certificate with an Airplane category multi-engine class rating and English proficiency endorsement
- Hold a current FAA First Class Medical Certificate
- Hold an FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit
- Hold a valid passport
- Have authorization to work in the United States
- Have a minimum of 1500 hours of total fixed-wing pilot time
- Minimum of 1000 hours Pilot in Command (PIC) hours in fixed-wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop per 14 CFR 1.1
Pilot in Command, per 14 CFR 1.1, means the person who:
- Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight
- Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight
- Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university
- Recent and type of experience will be considered; for example, preference given to candidates with demonstrated flight experience in transport category aircraft
within the last 12 months from date of application
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.