Report this job
SLCC - Cardiology Nurse Clinician - EP - Plaza FT
With 10 hospitals serving areas in and around the Kansas City, MO metropolitan area, Saint Luke’s Health System offers medical professionals a culture of friendship, a reputation for excellence and all of the benefits of a leading care provider. If you’re ready to experience how we care for your career, now is the time to explore Saint Luke’s. To learn more, please visit our website.
Posted Date: 02-Jun-2014
Address: 4330 Wornall Rd Ste 2000
Postal Code: 64111
Shift Type: Full-time
Saint Luke's Cardiovascular Consultants
Position Location: Plaza, Kansas City MO - EP Department
- Provides post procedure and device care and monitoring, coordinates hospital admissions and patient device education.
- Acts as a resource for hospital staff by answering questions regarding patient care, resourcing providers as needed.
- Review and follow up of daily transtelephonic PM checks.
- Collaborate with office physicians regarding device management and concerns.
- Perform device interrogation clinics in the outreach and regional offices.
- Coordinates EP hospital service day by assisting with transfers, new consults, discharges and coordination of procedures.
- Maintains EP Service census list.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and the ability to make decisions that provide optimal and timely patient care.
- Coordinate hospital admissions, write orders and educate patients.
- Triage and assess patient problems/concerns while making sound nursing judgments.
- Submit charge tickets for office visits with less than 10% error.
- Maintain PaceArt database - scheduling follow-up phone checks and bi-annual/annual device checks.
- Review and follow-up of remote access transmissions.
- Perform wound checks on post procedure patients.
- Perform office evaluation of implantable devices (Pace maker, Defibrillator, REVEAL, bi-ventricular pacemaker, INSYNS, AT-500 antitachycardia pacemaker); enter device evaluation into EMR for clinical record.
- Recruit patients for EP research. Perform device management per study protocols.
- Follow up on test results and physician recommendations and advise patients.
- Coordinates discharge and follow-up plan with office staff (as directed by the physician and MLP) to ensure that patients obtain follow-up visits, device checks, protime visits and other treatments or tests as needed.
- RN (Licensed in Kansas and Missouri)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Knowledge of general computer skills
- Previous cardiac nursing experience preferred
- Knowledge or obtain training on clinical equipment EKG machine, pulse oximeter, cholesterol and coagulation test equipment
- Minimum of two years of acute care nursing preferred