Company: Fifth Third Bank
Employee Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Information Technology
Job Posted Date: 7/9/2014
Senior Business Analyst - QRM
Helps to identify, define, document, and achieve systems and automation needs and requirements for Risk Strategies and Reporting, Treasury, Treasury Operations, and Commercial. Coordinates development and support for new applications and for extending the use of existing applications. One of two primary liaison persons between line of business, operational support and information technology. Partners with the business units to develop a solid knowledge base of the business lines, including their drivers, deliverables, processes and business contributions. Coordinates business requirements definition, development, testing, implementation and support for new and existing systems. Identifies, researches and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and coordinates resolutions. Possesses a broad understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Oversees enhancements in order to maintain productivity and efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• * Possesses a solid knowledge base of data management and data processing technology, as well as the business lines, including their drivers, deliverables, processes and business contributions.
• * Plays a key role in the planning, testing and implementation of system upgrades, enhancements and conversions. Ensures system enhancements follow the appropriate IT guidelines, meet or exceed user requirements and are completed in a timely fashion. May act as project leader role for projects.
• * Closely supports and facilitiates broader IT support of business lines’ production processes and deliverables.
• * Anticipates, addresses, and if necessary escalates, IT-oriented challenges and obstacles the business lines will face.
• * Leads the research and resolution of system issues. Partners with the technical areas in the research and resolution of system and process problems.
• * Works with users in defining user, system and project requirements for new systems and system enhancements.
• * Identifies system enhancements, documents business needs and determines development impact to current system processing. Works with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements.
• * Identifies, researches and analyzes production problems, develops solutions and resolves problems. Will be involved in planning, and may be involved in doing, QA testing.
• * Reviews operational procedures and methods and recommends changes for improvement, with an emphasis on automation and efficiency.
• * Provides input into the creation of detailed project plans, work assignments, target dates and other aspects of assigned projects.
• * Provides guidance and context in prioritizing and determining complexity of problems and requests.
• * Maintains manuals, standard business and status reports, technical training material and reference material.
• * May perform some aspects of Project Management including but not limited to Approval gathering, Readiness Assessments, and other artifacts and controls.
• * Other duties as required.
• SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Undergraduate degree in IT or equivalent area
• 3-5 years of experience as Business Analyst in IT application environment with demonstrated track record
• PM Methodology, Development Life Cycle, Testing and QA Experience.
• Strong communication and relationship-building experience. Some presentation experience.
• Experience working with outside software vendors
• Financial Services industry background helpful, as well as mathematics & statistics
• Outcome oriented.
• Is a solid team-player, with a demonstrated successful collaborative approach and track record.
• Open communicator. Assures that the extended team and management stay fully apprised in a timely manner.
ful Helpful to have QRM application or similar risk management software experience
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets, operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations, most open seven days a week, inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities / Protected Veterans
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.