| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
RF Systems Performance Engineer
|Job Reference Number
- Evaluation of Service Performance trends using system or drive data
- Isolation of root causes and impacted services, features and markets
- VoLTE testing with understanding and analyses of relevant KPIs
- Coordinate technical investigations and testing with appropriate regional, area and HQ functions
- Provide technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training assistance to markets and regions as requested
- Optimizes LTE and RAN Networks using traditional and innovative means.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints regarding service.
- Interacts professionally with customers (internal and external)
- Integrates new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into existing macro Network
- Works with RF Design to modify network
- Takes ownership of issues and drives them to resolution
- Is self-motivated and efficient with minimal supervision
Works well with colleagues and with various departments (Area and HQ Network, Network Operations, Network Engineering, Maintenance Engineering) and vendors to implement changes and troubleshoot
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering (or degree with a similar rigor) with a minimum of 4 years of telecom experience in a system Performance context - and -
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN Networks
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols
- Strong statistical and analytical abilities
- Working knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro, TEMS Symphony, etc.
- Working knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner
- Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS preferred
- Knowledge of 3GPP LTE standards preferred
- Ability to understand, compile, evaluate, and present complex data and solutions
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related problems; understanding of Systems Engineering aspects related to RAN & proficiency in Core level call flow analysis. IMS understanding is a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix, scripting tools.
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS, Topo
Must have strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.