Health Information Technology Apprentice Business Analyst
Apprentice Business Analyst Program Overview:
PCG looks for highly talented, motivated and results-oriented recent college May 2014 graduates with drive, determination and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment to enter into its Apprentice Business Analyst (ABA) Program. The Apprentice Program is the foundation for learning how to be a consultant at PCG. Throughout the two year program, you build your skills by working alongside talented senior consulting staff. You work on a variety of challenging assignments in our different practice areas to assist public sector clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Your growth is supported by a Practice Area Manager who provides guidance and monitors your involvement with project assignments. You also select a mentor who guides you on 'how to be a successful PCG consultant'. Our team is dedicated to ensuring ABAs build a solid foundation for success through serving a diverse client base, playing an integral role on our project teams, and partaking in performance development activities. Our Apprentice Program will push you to fulfill your potential.
Typical ABA Responsibilities may include:
- Conducing data analysis for various clients including cost allocation plans, cost reports, and setting rates for services.
- Learning web-based technologies and leading clients through implementation and training processes.
- Assisting with the preparation of materials for training seminars.
- Participating on proposal development teams, including writing sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal submissions.
- Developing presentations for and attending conferences/seminars.
- Managing financial transactions related to client budgets.
- Coordinating project requirements and client expectations.
- Preparing and presenting written status reports for clients.
- Conducting policy and other research.
- Defining, documenting and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing data.
- Providing project management support to Consultants and Managers.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Note: This is part of our college hiring program, thus candidates must be recent graduates who hold their Bachelor's Degree.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational, research, presentation, time management, problem-solving, and oral and written communication skills.
- A detail oriented problem solving approach to business issues.
- Flexibility and willingness to embrace change.
- Self-starter possessing intellectual curiosity.
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning and staying well-informed about current business issues.
- Proven ability to take initiative and move daily work forward.
- Good judgment in completing tasks and in seeking guidance when needed.
- A commitment to deliver exceptional client service and contribute in a team environment.
- Workload and travel flexibility based on client and team needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Additional experience using SQL or other Databases.
- Attitude of taking initiative, enthusiasm, and eagerness to learn.
- Core interest in finance, education, health care, government, or public consulting.
- General knowledge of or experience in business administration, state and local government, public sector consulting, IT infrastructure and/or systems development are highly desirable.
- A Cover Letter explaining why you are interested in PCG and the Health Services Practice Area is required. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered
PCG is an AA/EEO/VEVRA employer.
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?