Guitar Center is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to be part of the PMO within the IT department. This position will manage the delivery of IT Infrastructure Operations projects along with partnering on IT and Business development application projects to manage the infrastructure components. Kanban, Traditional and Waterfall PM methodologies will be utilized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Managing multiple infrastructure IT Operations projects with an objective of improving deployment quality and delivery timelines. This includes project initiation through implementation including resource planning.
- Primary liaison for business application SDLC projects executed by the Project Management Office, ensuring non-functional requirements are defined and fulfilled.
- Ensure realistic and thorough project plans are prepared and maintained.
- Track all activities against project plans and provide regular and accurate reports to management and other stakeholders as appropriate.
- Work with IT Infrastructure leadership to develop and maintain the IT infrastructure project roadmap, including staffing resource plans, assisting in resolving resource conflicts and monitoring the involvement of assigned staff.
- Understand and validate both business and technical requirements of infrastructure projects.
- Proactively determine infrastructure requirements and involvement of internal departments and external vendors.
- Work with the Enterprise Security team and Internal Audit to ensure standard PCI and SOX Manage project budgets as it relates to Infrastructure needs.
- Monitoring and controlling scope, risk, issues and dependencies.
- Liaise with System Administrators, DBAs, and PMO and communicate project status.
- Managing and working with PM tools such as MS Project and an internal time tracking app, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Information Systems or related field required
- 5+ years of experience in managing multi-faceted medium to large technical and business focused delivery projects
- Active PMI-PMP® or PMI-ACP® Certification or commitment to obtain the certifications during first year of employment
- Active participation in local PMI Chapter preferred
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years of Retail Industry experience including eCommerce & OmniChannel
- Deep level of infrastructure knowledge to be able to effectively scope, identify and track infrastructure components of projects
- Communicate effectively to all levels of the IT
- Understand and be able to apply PMI’s standard project management methodology. This will include Kanban, waterfall / traditional and Agile methodologies
- Effectively manage project time, resources, scope and budget
- Effectively manage large matrix managed teams (both IT and Business)
- Possess the ability to be flexible if required to fill other responsibilities on a project such as business analysis or testing
- Be organized and detail oriented
- Effectively communicate with executive level leadership
- Actively produce and update all proper PM required documentation [project schedules through lessons learned]
- Be accountable for the overall program / project success
- Demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Have an aptitude for retail / MI business
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage large matrix teams and budget
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to all levels of management and staff
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to see the overall project picture at any point in time
- Ability to assess risk and identify mitigation strategies
- Must understand the business aspects of a project as well as the technical requirements and implications
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the business teams to understand business requirements and objectives
- Must understand SDLC processes from business requirements gathering through development, testing and implementation
- Must understand PMI’s project management methodology and be able to apply it in projects.
- Must be a strong public speaker/presenter
- Ability to be flexible help in various areas on the project as required
- Possesses leadership skills taking ownership and being accountable for the projects
- General knowledge of PCI and SOX controls
- In depth knowledge and practical application of SDLC and PM processes both Agile and Traditional methodologies
- Ability to work effectively with 3rd party resources
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office
About Guitar Center, Inc.
Guitar Center is the world’s largest retailer of musical instruments with annual revenues exceeding $2 billion. We are an established organization with over 10,000 associates currently operating in 250+ retail outlets spanning multiple states and the world’s largest volume web and catalog instrument fulfillment business. Our success is based on core values that embody a winning attitude and incorporate the highest standards of ethics and integrity. We’re proud to do whatever it takes to satisfy our customers. We seek leaders for our retail stores nationwide and corporate office in Westlake Village, CA.
In connection with an application for employment and/or promotion with Guitar Center, Inc., investigative consumer reports, which may include credit reports, criminal history consistent with applicable federal and state laws, motor vehicle reports, employment records, educational background or other sources of information may be requested.
We offer competitive compensation, vacation, benefits, events, and excellent discounts. Enjoy working with the best!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
No Search firms please
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.