For nurses who prefer to blaze their own career path.
Nursing careers at UnitedHealth Group are anything but ordinary. There’s an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. A passion for excellence you won’t find anywhere else. We ask tough questions. We push ourselves and each other to find smarter solutions. The result is a culture of performance that’s driving the health care industry forward. Nursing here isn’t for everybody. Instead of seeing a handful of patients each day, your work may affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Certified Medical Assistant (WellMed) located in San Antonio, TX (Alamo Heights)
WellMed provides concierge-level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient's health. WellMed's proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work SM
8am to 5pm Monday- Friday
In this Medical Assistant role, you will learn from healthcare experts as you work side by side to provide care for seniors in a clinic setting. You will build meaningful relationships with seniors, their family members, healthcare providers, and office staff while providing high quality direct patient care. You will enjoy profound job satisfaction as you impact the care and comfort of our aging population. We offer the benefits of working for a Fortune 17 company â€“ career opportunities, great benefits, paid time off, and more! The successful candidate will have a degree from a Medical Assistant program, demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively, and have the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians and nursing personnel including procedures, injections, EKGs, phlebotomy.
- Delivers quality customer service and maintains established quality control standards
- Shows patients to exam rooms according to company standards.
- Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
- Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
- Processes appropriate documents in an organized and accurate fashion.
- Respects patient confidentiality at all times.
- Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
- Maintains quality control standards and required certifications (MA and CPR).
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification or registration required or the ability to obtain the designation within 90 days of employment.
- Current CPR certification or the ability to attain the certification within 30 days of employment.
- Ability to use MS Office package or similar programs
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- ICD-9 and CPT coding experience required.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required.
- Effective communication and customer service skills required.
Preferred Qualifications (bulleted list)
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- More than one year of related experience in a medical setting preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
WellMed is a healthcare delivery system serving more than 90,000 patients, primarily Medicare eligible seniors, in Texas and Florida through primary care clinics, multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, WellMed is an industry leader in medical risk management, highly effective disease management and chronic care programs, healthcare delivery services and more.
Our focus and mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. We are innovators in preventative healthcare, striving to change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Our providers and support staff are selected for their dedication to the senior population and focus on preventative, proactive patient care.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: Certified Medical Assistant, CMA, Medical Assistant, MA, Registered Medical Assistant, RMA, San Antonio, Texas, Clinic, Senior
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-555009
Position Type: Full-Time