Company: CHRISTUS Continuing Care
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Health Care
Required Education: High School
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health ctare teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse/Licensed Nurse, this position will assist with routine and repetitive patient care activities on a nursing unit. This position also performs specific clerical, organizational and patient focused activities.
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must have completed a Nursing Assistant program and have the skills on the skills checklist.
1. One year of patient care experience in an acute care hospital is required.
2. Knowledge of the hospital environment is required.
1. Certified Nursing Assistant certification is required.
2. CPR certification is required.
1. Must have the physical and mental ability to perform the skills on the skillschecklist.
2. Must have the ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions and maintain nursing records and charts.
3. Ability to interact professionally with patients and families.
4. Requires excellent communication and interpersonal skill.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Works in a modern, smoke free, temperature controlled facility.
2. Must adapt to rapidly changing work load and frequent interruptions.
3. Ability to stand and walk 90% of working hours.
4. Requires physical stamina to lift and move patients.
5. May be exposed to body fluids and infectious disease.
6. May be floated to other units as needed.
Requisition Number: 3009398
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.