Software Engineer, Senior - Mobile (Android)
Move, Inc. is the developer and operator of realtor.com®, the top ranking search engine, popular property listings web site and featured real estate for sale, rental mobile applications on all leading platforms. We are a well-established company and our applications are accessed by millions of users daily.
Mobile platforms usage is growing rapidly and we are looking for talented Android engineers to join our mobile engineering team in San Jose, California in the role of Sr. Mobile Android Software Engineer. Our mobile engineers have versatility and often apply their talent to multiple supported platforms.
Some of the responsibilities:
- Participate in research and development of highly scalable mobile applications
- Contribute to product feature prioritization and technology roadmaps
- Identify new mobile technologies, trends, opportunities, and how they might relate to or enhance our products and business
- BS CS or equivalent.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of native mobile applications development experience using Google Android platform
- Strong hands-on Java for Android development experience
- Expert Java development with architecture and design skills
- Experience developing apps to work on fragmented Android platforms with various device resolutions
- Good unit testing and debugging skills
- Ability to develop modular, reusable components
- Great interest and focus on the user experience. Good understanding of Android UI design patterns.
- Good written and verbal communicate skills
- Self-motivated creative and focused
- Aptitude for learning, growing and working in team environment
Nice to have:
- MS CS or equivalent
- Familiar with Agile Scrum development process, Git and Continuous integration.
- Portfolio of apps in App store
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?