IT Support Specialist
Report this job
With more than two decades of experience, Omnicare works to deliver practical and innovative solutions to address our customer's needs both now and in the future.
Omnicare is the nation's leading provider of pharmaceutical care for seniors. Each day, our pharmacists serve more than 1.4 million residents of skilled nursing, assisted living, and other healthcare facilities in 47 states and Canada. While doing this, we capture a tremendous amount of data. Omnicare combines this data with its proprietary outcomes algorithm technology, based on best practices in geriatric medicine, to identify and help treat diseases in the elderly.
IT Support Specialist
Provides analytical support to technology users. Responsible for Tier 1 or Tier 2 support. Diagnoses and resolves problems using documented procedures and checklists in the performance of most responsibilities. Provides technical advice, guidance and informal training using hardware and software programs. Enters call data into a tracking system. Escalates problems to higher level technical support professionals when necessary. Assists in the resolution of application, hardware and software problems.
- Answers questions regarding system procedures, online transactions, systems status, and downtime procedures.
- Determines source of error by reviewing procedures and actions taken by user;
- Instructs users to perform diagnostic procedures.
- Issues corrective instructions; consulting with coworkers and vendors.
- Improves programs by notifying programmers of problems.
- Make recommendations for problem resolution and process improvement.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; OR equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of IT work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic hardware and software.
- Proven ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of healthcare order and distribution systems and/or healthcare finance systems.
Physical Demands: May sit, stand, stoop, bend and walk intermittently during the day. May sit or stand seven (7) to ten (10) hours per day. May be necessary to work extended hours as needed. Finger dexterity to operate office equipment required. May need to lift up to twenty-five (25) pounds on occasion. Visual acuity to see and read fine prints. Specific vision abilities required by this role include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal voice sounds. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this role.
Work Environment: Work in a climate-controlled, smoke-free internal environment.
Disclaimer: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. It is not designed to capture or illustrate a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.