Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000
Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world’s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers’ organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world’s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
Local Unit & Position Description
Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Performs 3rd
party assessment of compliance to EU Directives (ATEX, LVD) and various IECx or other international standards for North America customers with occasional international travel required.
• Performs 2nd
party assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers.
• Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of compliance with specified standards or regulations.
• Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer findings and corrective actions
• Manage internal processing of proposals and contribute to technical and commercial aspects of proposals
• Develop and conduct presentations related to identified customer needs or for general business development (technical publications, trade show presentations, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be experiences with protection types 'b', 'd', 'e', 't', & 'p'. Experience with 'c', 'o', 'q', 'fr', & 'k' would be an advantage
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred with at least five years industry experience
• Must be highly competent with the design manufacture, inspection and testing of equipment and protection systems used in hazardous areas.
• Business software systems experience: MS Excel; Word; and PowerPoint expertise
• Demonstrable presentation skills and expertise
• Must be able to travel up to 70%
• Driving license
• DNV GL is interested in candidates who enjoy travel, new experiences, variety, and those who possess the highest of integrity and trustworthiness.
• Excellent attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
• Works well in a team environment or as a team of one. ***This position can be based out of any major US city***
Local Conditions Apply
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
||4 Year Degree
||At least 5 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID: