IT Audit Specialist
Liberty Mutual Insurance At Liberty Mutual Insurance, doing the right thing is essential to all that we do. Our commitment to building and sustaining a talented and diverse workforce has helped us to become a global leader in property and casualty insurance. As of December 31, 2012, Liberty Mutual Insurance had $36.9 billion in annual consolidated revenue. Our financial strength and profitability rely on the skills, knowledge, and creativity of our more than 50,000 employees in over 900 offices worldwide. As number 81 on Fortune Magazine’s list of the 100 largest corporations in the U.S., we have the resources and training our employees need to drive our business forward and be successful in an ever-evolving, complex world. Liberty Mutual Insurance offers a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, workers compensation, property, commercial automobile, general liability, global specialty, group disability, reinsurance and surety. Liberty Mutual Insurance (www.libertymutual.com) employs over 45,000 people in more than 900 offices throughout the world. Advance your IT Audit career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter an IT Audit position at Liberty Mutual, you'll find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you'll find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this role, you will audit new and existing information systems to ensure that appropriate controls exist, processing is efficient and accurate, and systems and procedures are in compliance with corporate standards. You will communicate audit issues and related recommendations to management. Responsibilities:
• Leads audits and performs more complex technical, integrated and system development lifecycle audits. Considerable analysis is required to understand new technology and systems to interpret risks and propose solutions.
• Assists in reviews of network and infrastructure technologies installed or being considered.
• Reviews other team members’ testwork and provides feedback and coaching.
• Keeps abreast of changes in IT auditing, regulatory requirements, and security requirements to understand their impact Auditing and Liberty.
• Ensures processes under review are documented / analyzed in accordance with IIA standards and process weaknesses are identified. Develops IT audit program steps that will evaluate key controls.
• Focuses on the use of data analytics for full population testing
• Communicates audit issues and related recommendations in non-technical terms effectively to both Operational and IT management.
• Drafts audit reports that provide an accurate assessment of the audit area in an understandable and concise manner.
• Completes IT projects within established time budgets and milestones without sacrificing quality.
IT Audit Specialist
- Requires a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a comparative field.
- CISA Certification is preferred. Certification within one year required.
- At least 4 years of information systems auditing and/or related work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- In depth IT auditing skills in more than one of the following areas: general controls; System Development initiatives; UNIX; AS/400; Windows; Oracle, Sybase, DB2, SQL; Network/Web Application Firewall, and other infrastructure technologies.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- 401K and Company paid pension plan
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Paid time-off
- Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
- Discount fitness memberships
- Flexible spending accounts
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care coverage
- Work/Life resources
- Credit Union membership
- Employee and Dependent life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Long-term care insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday. Responsibility. What's your policy?