P/T COOK SUPERVISOR (Entry Level)
If you are passionate about food service and want to join a dedicated team, working with the Food Service Manager, supervising workers engaged in preparing and serving food; we want to talk to you!
We are looking for a part-time Cook Supervisor to join our team and to be responsible for the preparation, scheduling, and quality assurance of all foods and supplies. If you are looking for an opportunity where you will work as part of a team of dedicated food service, striving to achieve your personal best by helping others, this may be the right opportunity for you.
(Part-time - 32 hours /wk. with opportunity to move to next open full-time position)
As a P/T Cook Supervisor, you will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining accurate food service production.
Additional responsibilities of the P/T food service role include:
- Preparing the production/service documents for each meal, copying next week's sheets as well as production/service record, service plan, tray assessment sheet, pre-preparation sheet, restricted diet invoice, daily sanitation record and meal delivery records.
- Ensuring recipes are extended to the facility population requirements.
- Filling out the pre-preparation and inventory pull sheets before each meal.
- Carrying out the orientation and training program for inmate workers
- Adhering to the sanitation and safety program.
- Demonstrating good communication and human relation skills under the direction of the Food Service Manager.
- Assisting management in maintaining a high level of good client relations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent certification.
- Ability to demonstrate the use and understanding of the facility’s recipes, policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate to all personnel the minimum production/service requirements of the job.
- Must be able to work all shifts.
As a P/T Cook Supervisor with The GEO Group, Inc., you will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Not ready to Apply?
About Geo Group
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 77,500 beds at 98 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Read what employees have to say about working at Geo Group:
"My career at GEO began in January 1995. I am a 17-year veteran at GEO where I have had the opportunity of working almost every post on every shift. I have enjoyed working various positions throughout my career."
Penny, Correctional Officer
"GEO has given me great training. I have confidence that I can move up and make this a lifetime career. I feel there are no limits with this company."
Melissa, Receiving & Release Officer
"Forensic nursing creates unlimited opportunities for evidence-based practice and patient advocacy. It challenges your psychiatric skills."
Darlene, Registered Nurse
"As an Officer, I was given many opportunities to work various positions. My overall career and experience at GEO has been a very rewarding one for me."
Curtis, Administrative Captain
"My career at GEO began in November 1997, and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the opportunities the company has given me. My overall career for the past 14 years has been a great experience."