Advantage Sales and Marketing (ASM)
Report this job
|Event Specialist Bilingual Spanish and English
|Advantage Sales & Marketing
|Los Angeles, CA
Relevant Work Experience:
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is a consumer packaged goods sales and marketing agency committed to building brand value for our clients and customers.
ASM's customized sales and marketing solutions include headquarter sales, retail merchandising and marketing services, specializing in client and customer events, publications and assisted-selling services for the grocery, drugstore, club, convenience, natural/specialty, sporting goods, consumer electronics and home center channels.
Report this job
Event Specialist Bilingual Spanish and English
Retail, customer service, promotion! Flexible and fun openings available! Are you a skilled, reliable and energetic product promoter who is comfortable speaking both Spanish and English? Then our Bilingual Event Specialist position will be a great fit for you!
Event Specialists promote, present and drive product sales through live featured product demonstrations in high traffic retail environments. The ideal candidate is charismatic, ambitious and internally driven with an attention to detail and the ability to analyze customer and client needs in order to drive sales. As our in store demonstrator, Event Specialists are tasked with event set-up and breakdown, brand awareness, product sales, personal development, training and reporting in the field.
Estamos buscando un bilingüe 'Especialista de Eventos' para promover productos y comprometer a los clientes en lugares dónde se habla español.
Event Specialist Responsibilities
- Brand awareness, positive product impressions and increased sales through product demonstration, customer engagement and effective communication of brand talking points
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to expertly articulate product features and benefits
- Set up, sampling and complete demonstration ownership and product representation with an emphasis on cleanliness, organization and the ability to follow instructions
- Timely and accurate event reporting, submission of paperwork and online training
Event Specialist Qualifications
- Bilingual Spanish and English. Fluent in both Spanish and English preferred
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent job related experience
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, brand promotion or retail/grocery
- Interact in a friendly, enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing manner with management, clients, and consumers in any setting
- Basic knowledge of computers with daily internet and email access
- Stand, climb and be active comfortably for up to 6 hours a day
- Ability to lift and carry 20 to 74 lbs. without assistance
- Compliance with all food safety requirements and regulations
- Minimal travel to and from store
- Ability to work a part-time retail schedule
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. ASM services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today. Position Summary
The Event Specialist generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases product sales through event sampling and promotions. The Event Specialist is responsible for reading all program materials, set up and breakdown of their working area, and preparing and sampling products on scheduled event days. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Conduct Demo Event for approximately 5 ¾ hours
- Engage the consumer by creating brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Dynamically and aggressively sell product to consumers
- Sample product to consumers (may include cooking)
- Move around cart area to approach customers within 10 feet of cart and engage them in a professional manner which generates enthusiasm for the product and the event
- May be required to expediently escort customers from cart location to other locations within store to obtain product
Set up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Push cart weighing 52-74 lbs. distance of 150-300 feet (from storage area to event execution area)
- Carry appliances/equipment weighing up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet and up to 10 feet overhead
- Purchase product and supplies (requires lifting up to 40 lbs. and reaching up to 10 feet; carrying up to 40 lbs. for a distance of 5 feet)
- Assemble cart; Construct/set-up/display Point of Purchase materials- insert price signs, display product information and hoist sign with assistance up to 5 lbs.
- Set up/display product/materials on cart
Break down/clean up event within approximately 15 minute period
- Clean-up/Sanitize Cart
- Disassemble Cart
- Push cart weighing 52-74 lbs. distance of 150-300 feet (from event execution area to storage area)
- Return appliances/equipment (requires carrying/lifting up to 20 lbs. a distance of 5-10 feet and reaching up to 10 feet overhead)
- Wash Utensils/Cookware
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
- Review event schedule
- Complete call reports and timesheets
- Attend trainings; products/ materials
- Check voice mails, emails
- Participate in scheduled calls with Supervisor/others as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Report this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required)
High School Diploma or GED o
r equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Environmental & Physical Requirements Field / Reps Requirements
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written communication and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
- Must pass online Food Safety training exam (all training hours will be paid for by the Company)
- Compliance with all food safety requirements and regulations
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 74 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department. Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.