ECS Federal is seeking an Oracle PL/SQL Developer to work in our Memphis, TN office. Please Note: This position is contingent upon additional funding.
• Work independently or under only general direction on complex problems which require competence in all phases of programming concepts and practices. Working from diagrams and charts which identify the nature of desired results, processing steps to be accomplished and the relationships between various steps of the problem-solving routine; plans the full range of programming actions needed to efficiently utilize the computer system in achieving desired end products.
• Analyze, design, develop, test, and implement distributed applications as part of a systems development team. Provide feedback on and adhere to delivery dates. Provide end-user support as a technical expert.
• Analyze, design, develop and test Oracle PL/SQL applications that enhance USPS operations through the dissemination of pertinent and relevant information in a timely and efficient manner. Specific responsibilities include:
o Develop and revise program code based on clearly defined requirements.
o Prepares required documentation, including both program-level and user-level documentation.
o Draft test plans for system tests, integration test, and stress tests.
o Test all functionality of applications based on test plan.
o Assist in the setup of production environment including application servers and database servers.
o Assist in the implementation of applications into production.
o May be required to analyze system capabilities to resolve input/output problems.
o Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
o Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
o Develop and maintain complex Oracle SL/SQL stored procedures and functions. Provide programming direction as necessary to lower level programmers as appropriate to position level.
o Other duties as needed.
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study
• 3 Years Min. in: SQL, Oracle PL/SQL
• Experience developing on Linux platform
• Experience developing Perl/Unix shell scripting
• 3 years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments
• Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
• Experience with Oracle insertion of high volume data
• Experience with Oracle TimesTen development
• C/C++ development on Linux platform
ECS Federal, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS Federal embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS Federal, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS Federal is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. Every day, our 1200+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
The programs and missions we support are complex, often unique and they directly affect the everyday lives of Americans within the United States and abroad. ECS Federal takes its mission very seriously and has established a culture built to attract, recognize, retain and manage the very best technology professionals for our projects.
As a mid-sized company ECS Federal enjoys many advantages, we have the experience and resources of a large business along with the focus, agility and innovation of a small business. ECS Federal customers have a very direct relationship with senior managers; as a result, we know what is happening with every one of our projects and customers. This high level of corporate commitment has allowed ECS Federal to experience 10 years of consistent growth without compromising the quality of our solutions and services.
Not Ready To Apply?